Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution Here (includes MU)

Thanks

Re: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution Here (includes MU)

Glad to hear it Lance! Enjoy ClassiPress.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution is Here

Quote Originally Posted by dcowgill
    I finally had a chance to troubleshoot this for WPMU. Since MU uses a totally different file structure, we need to modify ClassiPress to look in different folders.

To get this to work in WPMU, you'll need to make the following changes to three files.

Open index.php and search for this line (#83)
    Code:
    $img_single = explode(trailingsla****(get_option('siteurl')) . "wp-content/uploads/classipress/", $img_single);
    Replace it with this code:
    Code:
    $img_single = explode(trailingsla****(get_option('siteurl')) . "files/classipress/", $img_single);
    Next, open includes/img_resizer.php and make the following change on this line (#18):
    Code:
    $cpath = $path . '/wp-content/uploads/classipress/' . $_GET["url"];
    to
    Code:
    $cpath = $path . '/blogs.dir/1/files/classipress/' . $_GET["url"];
    You might need to change the /1/ to /2/ or wherever your /files/classipress/ folder lives.

That should fix your home page thumbnails. Now, we must fix the single page thumbnails.

Edit functions.php and search for this line (#86)
    Code:
    $thumb_var = str_replace(get_option('home')."/wp-content/uploads/classipress/", "", $var);
    replace it with this code:
    Code:
    $thumb_var = str_replace(get_option('home')."/files/classipress/", "", $var);
    That's it.

It works for me on my local build so give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrokk
    Has anybody figured out how to get the thumbnails to show in WPMU? I have scoured the net for a solution and have found none.

Thanks for this solution, it worked for me. Is there any way that the img_resize can autodetect which blog the photo is on? I tried $cpath = $path . '/blogs.dir/$blog_id/files/classipress/' . $_GET["url"]; but its not working.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

sorry for the late reply... I was a bit frustrated with the image thumbs issue... it took me days to figure out...

I did some correction along with a friend which is also a coder

the main issue was that classipress seems not liking the fact that you might put user uploads in a different directory (this is configurable with wordpress and it's a common safety precaution)

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

So what was the solution?

Thanks

Re: Thumbnail Images Not Showing Up? Solution is Here

Try this code based off the get_current_site WPMU function.

Code:
    $current_site = get_current_site();
    $cpath = $path . '/blogs.dir/' . $current_site->id .'/files/classipress/' . $_GET["url"];
    Thanks for this solution, it worked for me. Is there any way that the img_resize can autodetect which blog the photo is on? I tried $cpath = $path . '/blogs.dir/$blog_id/files/classipress/' . $_GET["url"]; but its not working.

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Still not working. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Not sure what to do at this point except for give up on WPMU and start all over with wordpress.

Thanks

Ive been trying to figure this out for awhile but cant get it work..

can someone please help?

here is a sample post where photos dont show..

http://www.weddings.ph/flowers/simple-e ... ecial-day/

Rookie
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

You know, I don't think its right that it has been two months now and this thumbnail issue has not been resolved. Alot of people on here are using wpmu, and I know they have the same issues. Since we are only using one instance of the classipress theme, its impossible to use the method you have provided. It would simply limit the theme to one blog only. I bought the developers license so I could have multiple instances on a shared database. Stop sweeping this issue under the carpet and please fix this problem. I mean seriously, how can a new version of classipress be coming out when the one we are using right now is not completely finished? Are we supposed to just sit on our hands and wait for a miracle to happen? I'd even PAY you to fix it, thats how frustrated I am! I could care less about the money I paid for the theme, but I have spent far too much time scouring the internet to find a solution when clearly that responsibility lies within the classipress creator. Do us all a favor, install a local copy of WPMU, create 3 or 4 blogs, and get the thumbnails to work and give us the solution! I have a folder on my desktop called "Junk Scripts" and believe me when I say there are a lot of worthless scripts in it. Im hoping that this theme is not going to be a new addition. Telling us to wait for the new version is not working, as its been a year late already.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

It does work for the master blog, but not for the other blogs created.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi, I have been lurking this forum looking for a solution for my problem with images/thumbnails.

Yesterday it was working fine, I was hosted at Hostmonster. Then I transferred my site in a VPS server and the thumbnails stopped working.

I tried the solutions given and modified the form_process.php file from:

Code:
           // http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_.../wp_upload_dir
    		$upload_arr = wp_upload_dir();
    		$dir_to_make = trailingsla****($upload_arr['basedir']) . $image_folder_name;
    		$image_baseurl = trailingsla****($upload_arr['baseurl']) . $image_folder_name;
    		$image_name = substr(sanitize_title(alphanumericAndSpace($post_title)), 0, 20);
    to this:
    Code:
    	// http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_.../wp_upload_dir
    		$upload_arr = wp_upload_dir();
    		// $dir_to_make = trailingsla****($upload_arr['basedir']) . $image_folder_name;
    		$dir_to_make = "/wp-content/uploads/classipress";
    		// $image_baseurl = trailingsla****($upload_arr['baseurl']) . $image_folder_name;
                    $image_baseurl = $upload_arr['baseurl'] . "/wp-content/uploads/classipress";
    		$image_name = substr(sanitize_title(alphanumericAndSpace($post_title)), 0, 20);
    Now the images are uploaded and stored properly, but the thumbnails and single post images are not displayed. Looking at the CUSTOM field for Images, I noticed that the value is /wp-content/uploads/classipress/imagefilename.jpg.

Changing it by adding http://mysite.com/wp-content/uploads/classipress..... gets the thumbnail and images displayed.

Question - which code/file to modify to add the http://mysite.com to the image custom field, and what's the code.

Thanks for the support. This is probably what the others are experiencing.

bloggista
    / my Classipress site: http://bentaonline.com/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information