Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Website Title not showing

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Website Title not showing

I just upgraded from 2.8.2 to 2.9.2 I'm sure this is just a step I missed, but my website title is not showing up. Instead, I have the ClassiPress banner. How can I fix this?
    Please advise.
    Thx.
    My website is http://www.bowvalleyclassifieds.com

Thanks

Re: Website Title not showing

I have posted a tutorial here: http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=450
    Hope it helps.
    The search button. Your new best friend.
    - Dubya

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I appreciate the code...but...

The title is pretty 'elemental' stuff, and I don't feel I should have to change code to get the title of my website to show up!

I now have the developer's edition, because I will have 3 websites using this software. If I have to go in and change code to have their names show up, this seems a little ridiculous. I'm hoping for a different solution.

Thanks.

Thanks

If you're simply changing the image to your own image, this can be done in the CP admin area.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I don't have an image for my title... I just have text, which is already in the blog title area of the general settings. I had my blog title name showing before I upgraded. So, I just want to have it show AFTER I upgrade, without having to go in and modify code.

From an end user perspective, developers need to understand the needs of the end user, which is not to go in and fix code.

All other templates in WordPress that I have used, for other sites, pull the blog title in and use it as the header. I like that this software allows for an image to come in as well, and when I have one, I will be very happy to include it. In the meantime, I just want my friggin' title to show up on my site! I don't think that's asking too much...

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I did the tutorial (copy and replaced the code that was suggested in this thread) and it's still not correct. My title name shows up, on the right (not where the CP banner was) and the banner is still there, just without the CP title on the left.

Any suggestions?

www.bowvalleyclassifieds.com

Thanks

Oh, that ClassiPress banner...

In the ClassiPress admin area, go to the configure page, scroll down until you see a section called "Header Ad Spot (468x60)"
    Put a check beside "Disable Ad Spot" and it will disappear.
    Alternatively, you can insert your Google AdSense code, or manually insert a graphic and link. The choice is yours.

If you're not sure what any of the settings in the ClassiPress Admin area does... feel free to ask.
    - Dubya

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Thank you, Dubya, for your help.

I'm still confused. I can do what you just mentioned, and it removes the CP add, and yes, I could put google ads, etc in this space, however, the space that the CP banner is taking up used to be where my Blog Title resided.

Are you suggesting I move my blog title in order to accommodate an ad space? Some people may wish this, but I'm not sure I do.

If my blog title goes where the ad space is, and eventually, one day, I want an ad in that ad space, my blog title disappears.

Am I the only person having this issue after the upgrade?

I just started a second website, and am having the same issue. I need assistance on this right away. I can't promote a site that doesn't have my blog title name in it.

Thanks for any and all assistance on this.

Thanks

Did you have a custom header? You may need to re-customize it.
    I've only seen 2.82 and later, but http://www.bowvalleyclassifieds.com/ looks to me like a clean install of wordpress. Nothing there to promote.
    Am I missing something?
    - Dubya

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Blog title is.... Bow Valley Classifieds... NOT ClassiPress.

Where does Bow Valley Classifieds (the words) show up? At the bottom of the screen. Once ads start being placed, my blog title .. the text Bow Valley Classifieds... will eventually disappear.

In the version 2.8.2, my blog title .... Bow Valley Classifieds... used to be where the ClassiPress banner is now.

I used to have a title on my site, and now I feel that I don't. The design was changed, and now the banner seems to be where the title used to be.

I don't have an image to use as my blog title, so I can't replace the ClassiPress banner with an image.

So, how do I get my site title, with just text, to show up somewhere where it can be seen? Perhaps a question more for David.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information