Thread: Help Starting Out

Thanks

Help Starting Out

Hello.

I am brand new to WordPress and I am trying to build a website with Classipress.
    I signed up for WP and I'm using Pressable to host my database.
    I've run into a few problems. The "Post An Ad" button does not work. Even when I am logged into my administrator account.
    Also when I go and try to register a new user it re-directs me to "wp-login.php" and it has the Word Press logo on there. After registering an account and logging in, the website becomes blank under "/wp-admin"
    Only if I go to the original link does it actually log me in. After creating an account, whether its a contributor, or an admin account. I cannot edit profile, manage ads, or go to my dashboard.

Take a look here: https://www.jewelerscentral.com/

I also have been trying to get "Featured Listings" on the front page but I can't seem to figure it out.
    I've been basing this website off another one I found: http://jdmtraders.com/

Uses the same template. But as you can see on this site, when you hit login it directs you to a page on the website itself. Not a wordpress redirect.

I am not using any child theme or anything extra. I just simply installed wordpress on Pressable and I'm using FileZilla to manage the files.
    Like I said I am very new to word press. I've only worked with Shopify in the past. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks so much!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information