Thread: How to group Custom Fields BEFORE adding to a form?

Thanks

How to group Custom Fields BEFORE adding to a form?

Hi,

Im trying to create a different form for each category, although i am having problems because, some forms will have the same custom field titles (See example 1). When trying to build a particular categories listing/search form, i.e. New & Used Cars, selecting the correct custom field is a nightmare - unless i use the category name in the custom field title- but then that would display on the front end which i don't want, and also, my descriptions will be different for each field as they will contain the category name.

Example 1

Custom Field name = 'Make' - Dropdown - Toyota, Honda etc which would be used for 'New and Used Cars' for example &
    Custom Field name = 'Make' - Dropdown - Suzuki, Kawasaki etc which would be used for 'New and Used Motorbikes' for example &
    Custom Field name = 'Make' - Dropdown - Samsung, Nokia etc which would be used for 'Mobile Phones & Accessories' for example

This is the same for many of my category custom fields - is there any way that these custom fields could be grouped before a form is made? i.e. when creating a custom field - could we add a text box that will also show on the 'Create New Form' page i.e. a category title, or a form title. Or create 'Field Groups' then Custom Fields are added to a group - which title displays on the create a form page so we know which group?

This would make it so much easier and quicker to organise all custom fields and forms into the right order. Also, when adding and deleting a custom field from a form, a multiple selection tool would be great - having to add or delete one at a time is very slow and easy to fix? Select all - or tick box - delete?

Does anyone see what i mean? or know a way i can get around this problem. I have Many categories and many custom fields - having to guess which is which is very deflating

Thanks

pic-1.jpgpic-2.jpg

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information