Thread: Newbie needs help!...changed functions.php file and can't repair my changes...

Thanks

Newbie needs help!...changed functions.php file and can't repair my changes...

Hi all I recently tried to remove the admin dashboard bar for contributors by pasting a bit of code into the functions.php file. I didn't really understand the code or what I was doing but I took a chance with it. I entered the code using editor in the appearance menu on the dashboard. I simply pasted a short bit of code into the functions.php file and once I saved my changes I was unable to log back into the dashboard/appearance/editor to change it back. I emailed the hosting company to see if they could help and they found this error:

As per the logs I found the following errors:

[24-Mar-2014 21:10:51 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/unibooks/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/functions.php on line 208
    [24-Mar-2014 21:46:47 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/unibooks/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/functions.php on line 208
    [24-Mar-2014 21:49:31 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/unibooks/public_html/wp-content/themes/classipress/functions.php on line 208

It seems your theme classipress is causing this, Pleaes login to the admin backend and change the theme, your site should be back online then.

Is there any easy way I could open the editor to resolve this or will I have to do it through cpanel?

If I could resolve this without resetting back to default I would be delighted as I have a lot of work put into the site.

I would really appreciate any help as I am only starting out building a website with wordpress and classipress and now my first mistake has completely ruined my site.

Thanks,
    Paddy

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information