Thread: Update 1.7 conflicts (Job Alerts, MailPress, Job moderation)

Thanks

Update 1.7 conflicts (Job Alerts, MailPress, Job moderation)

Hi,

We have been using Jobroller for a while now and have our own customized child theme in which we had modified quite some big and smaller things in the code. A recent update to 1.6.5 went smoothly and without real problems, so today I started with updating to 1.7 (on our development site).

Unfortunately I ran in to some quite severe problems.
    At the time we launched our site there was no ability as Job Alerts so we started using a customized MailPress installation to handle the custom post types: Job listings. At this moment we have over 2000 subscribers to our daily mail. With the update to 1.6.5 we got Job Alerts and using this next to MailPress this was no problem: Everything worked fine.

However since the update to 1.7: the Job Alerts is automatically taking the theme from MailPress (!!): more precisely the theme activated in the MailPress menu is the 'template' Job Alerts is using to send out emails. This means that in these job alerts emails unsubscribing and the function "View this mail in your browse" (which are MailPress theme functions and in the MailPress themes) are not functioning, because Job Alerts shouldn't be messing around in MailPress.

Please have your developers look in to why Job Alerts is conflicting with MailPress and how to fix this! I know we are not the only ones using MailPress as a plugin and disabling the plugin is not an option.

Furthermore for usability purposes we did change some small code in the code of the Job Alert PHP file (theme-emails.php) so that we could add a Job index in the beginning of the email. This file was placed in the child theme directory (includes/theme-emails.php) and this functioned fine in 1.6.5; however since the update to 1.7 this modification refuses work in the child theme directory; running it from the parent theme directory is no problem, so the code works: but this severely limits updating possibilities.

Then a last question I have, for now, is how to manually moderate all jobs (even paid). Since this update to 1.7 the file confirm-job-process.php is deleted and replaced by some other processing file; could you please provide me with an updated guide on how to moderate all jobs.

Looking forward to your reply.

With kind regards,

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information