Changing Language files (words and phrases) in Jobroller on WP MULTISITE
There are several 'how to's on the Appthemes forum on how to change the language files using Poedit etc. They are far better and probably more accurate than mine as I am an amateur however I struggled so much with this I wanted to share the solution in Idiot Speak which is what I understand best!
I'm going to write it up as though you want to create a British language file but you can choose other language codes here:
- Download Poedit to your PC
- Download your jobroller.pot file to your PC (find it at
- Open your jobroller.pot file in Poedit
- If you want to change one word (such as resume to CV) go to Edit - Find - type in the word you want to change - FIND (then NEXT etc to go through the list)
- When you find the first location of your word - Click on the line your word is on - go back to Edit - select Copy Original to Translation Field - go to the bottom of your screen and in the lower box you can change your word. You will see a second column appear with the new word / phrase - Click Next to move to the next word and so on until you finish the page.
- When you have finished your changes go to File - Save (or save as if you want to make a spare just in case)
- In the folder where you have saved your file you will now see jobroller.po and jobroller.mo files
- Now you have to rename your .mo folder to the language you are using - e.g. rename it en_GB.mo for British
- Upload your .po and newly named .mo files back to your site (using CPanel, FTP etc)
- Go to your wp-config.php file
- Find this
(mine was on line 72)
- Change it to this
(or whatever language you are using)
- NOW FOLLOW ME CLOSELY PEOPLE - this is where I got my headache so the following is your aspirin!!
- Go to your website admin panel.
- Go to your Jobroller Settings - General - Site Language and choose 'British English'
Voila! It should (hopefully) work
Here is a super far better tutorial for you to read if you get stuck http://codex.wordpress.org/Installin..._Your_Language
Good luck with it - I just wanted to share this as it gave me such a headache for weeks and hopefully this info will save you a headache.