Thread: Featured Coupons Slider Homepage. Help needed (and some suggestions)

Thanks

Featured Coupons Slider Homepage. Help needed (and some suggestions)

Questions:

1. Can I control the number of featured coupons shown in the "featured coupons slider" on the homepage? (Right now, I have 3x unique coupons, however, the slider shows 5 featured coupons. Some of these are duplicates. I reckon this is because the script or some .php code is telling the slider to pull 5 x coupons, correct?)

2. Can you please tell me what .php file these values are located in, and provide a snippet of the code in bold where I can edit these values?

3. Is it possible for this slider to display ONLY the most clicked on coupons?

Right now, I can only find Coupons. --->Coupons. --->Add new coupon / Edit Coupon. ---> Coupon Meta Fields. ---> Featured Coupon: and check the checkbox for "Show this coupon in the home page slider"

Meaning: The featured coupons are decided by admin. Not by any other factors. It is not possible to do what I asked above without adding / editing code. Correct?

Also: There´s no quick edit to check the checkbox for the Coupon Meta Fields. I need to manually edit every single coupon I want featured, and this does take a lot of time to do.

Please consider these suggestions for improving the UX for users of Koupon Child Theme.

Suggestions:

1.a) Add a menu inside "Koupon" for "Featured Coupons Slider" that allows users to edit the "Featured Coupons Slider" found on the homepage. (Located below Revolution slider, and above site body.)

1.b) Allow users to select the number of coupons to be featured.

1.c) Allow Admins to choose option "Randomize Coupons on Display". Meaning ---> Readers browsing website will see "randomized" coupons in the featured coupons slider every time a page with that slider refreshes. This can be done in either .css or javascript. I know there is a code for it somewhere on this forum, and if I remember correctly is was the Mod Joma.. something who posted it as a suggestion in a thread regarding the same issue.

1.d) Add a "Feature Coupon"-checkbox in the "Quick Edit"-options panel where all coupons are listed. As mentioned previously, it takes too much time and effort to do so now. Setting a coupon as a "Featured Coupon" requires admin to click each individual coupon and check the checkbox for "Show this coupon in the home page slider" under the "Coupon Meta Fields"

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thread Information