Thread: Correct Syntax for LinkedIn job queries

Thanks

Correct Syntax for LinkedIn job queries

Hi guys, I'm hoping you can help me out with this, ah, enigma - I've been racking my cerebral cortex with this one now for the past week and I just can't come right. Despite my admirable level of patience - I'm running out of time and I need a fast solution. I've exhausted all other resources.

I'm trying to pull in results from African countries only for specific industry types (i.e: aerospace, aviation, etc.). See my query syntax below:

aviation|*|dz
    aerospace|*|dz
    airlines|*|dz
    aviation|*|ao
    aerospace|*|ao
    airlines|*|ao
    aviation|*|bj
    aerospace|*|bj
    airlines|*|bj
    aviation|*|bw
    aerospace|*|bw
    airlines|*|bw
    aviation|*|bf
    aerospace|*|bf
    airlines|*|bf
    aviation|*|bi
    aerospace|*|bi
    airlines|*|bi
    aviation|*|cm
    aerospace|*|cm
    airlines|*|cm
    aviation|*|cv
    aerospace|*|cv
    airlines|*|cv
    aviation|*|cf
    aerospace|*|cf
    airlines|*|cf
    aviation|*|td
    aerospace|*|td
    airlines|*|td

This goes on for all African countries (about 54 in total).
    I've verified that all country codes I'm using are those present in the "Country" select field.

Is there a limit to how many queries are parsed? Have I simply got too many? Or is there some kind of syntax error in the above example?

I've applied the same query structure with previous tests where I used more prominent countries like France, Canada, etc. Feeds are pulled through which infer that the above query syntax should be correct.

On page load a pending message informs you: "Fetching LinkedIn Job Listings"; after some time (I understand that this could be as a result to the number of queries) the pending message disappears, but no results are returned. Since there are no error messages present for such circumstances I can't identify any elementary errors.

Now, I understand what they say about "assumptions" but I believe in this case, it could be safe to assume that at least one of these 54 countries should have a vacancy available in this industry. I suspect that searching for these vacancies in LinkedIn to verify this could be time consuming and quite possibly counter-productive. I need to avoid that if possible.

I've had a look at similar forums but this is as far as I can get with all the information available to me (instructions in Jobroller Integration & AppTheme Forums related to Jobroller).

I'd be most grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction here with a prompt response. Overall I've been quite satisfied with AppTheme's JobRoller and have purchased two extensions since (LinkedIn Publisher & FXtender Pro), and would be happy to support AppThemes in future - especially if support is apt and responsive.

Regards

Thread Information