Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 15 days, no updates.

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate paulg's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    With the internal testing already under way, the official beta release date will then hopefully be available very soon.
    Thanks for your reply Pepsi. Can you please confirm what "very soon" means though? Are we talking days, weeks, or months? Even forgetting about what happened in 2010 and early 2011, on the FB page and in other places Shannon (I think?) appeared to reignite some hope again at the backend of last year and from everything I've read I was under the impression that Club Members already had access to it (he said "the first two weeks in February") and that's why I ordered this week. So it's misleading at best.

With that in mind, please confirm the answer to my original question...

Are we talking days, weeks, or months?

Like I said, I only paid the $250 to get Vantage early, not to download any other themes (check if you like - I haven't downloaded anything) so if it's not likely to be ready in the next few days (ok, by the end of February, tops) then I'd rather just have my money back I think. If it's going to be longer than that I'll just put the project on hold and purchase for $100 when you eventually release it to the public.

Many thanks,

-Paul

Thanks
    I can understand there is still frustration around the lack of "actual" date in my last post, so to give you my best guess based on previous beta testing, I would estimate that the internal testing and initial bug fixes will take at least another week or so. The aim is still to have beta out this month as per the theme release status page, so I personally think it's still possible, unless some major bug is discovered during this phase which sets things back.

Thanks

Update

Well,
    Thanks for the update Pepsi. I must admit I am a bit bummed, I have a weekend of rain coming and I was hoping for a late Friday release. My wife and kids are gone and I was going to delve in on it. I too am a club member and have been waiting and watching for sometime. My competitor launched a different directory theme last month and has already started to take away my market share. But after looking at the Classified theme closely I am betting that Vantage will help me recover and overtake them.
    So, I do understand and can relate to everyones issues.
    I do think AppThemes has been off the mark with setting proper deadlines. People have based business decisions on the feedback we have received and it has been a bit frustrating. I do think that they keep coming up with new things to add to it which puts off the release date, if this is true that is what the beta release and future updates are for, please.
    With that said, I would like to ask everyone to give them to the end of Feb. before you/we give them anymore posts to respond to. If Pepsi or Shannon or anyone else who read them or gets distracted with the internal testing it suffers and it may delay things. No one will like that. I know it is hard, I keep checking for updates even though I know I will get a email from them the moment it is available but lets keep them focused on the release.
    Good luck in your final push towards beta release!
    TSG

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thesherpaguy For This Useful Post:

Shannon (February 17th, 2012)

Thanks
    I appreciate everyone's concern about the timeline for Vantage. We have been doing everything we can to get this theme out ASAP and I want to thank everyone for your patience.

Vantage beta will be released on March 5.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannon For This Useful Post:

coza (February 18th, 2012)

Thanks
    There will be a bananaslug coupon code also?

Thanks
    @ecua: This is a beta release and only available to Club members.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannon For This Useful Post:

coza (February 18th, 2012)

Thanks
    If there is an coupon code a will by the club package. Therefore im asking

Unregistered
    Beta out on March 5... who else thinks this one is just going to lapse AGAIN, just like all of their previous deadlines - which obviously hold absolutely no weight.

This thing is getting dragged on and on and on.

Affiliate Member AppThemes Affiliate paulg's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't hold out a lot of hope to be honest, Shannon, and others.

It's just another date isn't it? You said it in 2010, lots of times in 2011, then you ramped it up a notch, no doubt to get some extra moolah in the door at the backend of 2011, by saying you were "so close" and that everyone who joins as a club member will be getting it early. The Beta release... like we're paying for buggy software and you need us to pay you more and check it out.

Thanks for your reply to my PM by the way Shannon.... erm, not.... I'm surprised you didn't reply, because there are a lot of people on here who are seriously thinking about going down that route now.

You know what I said is right. You were fast enough to update Twitter/FB and this forum afterwards.

So, it's March 5th now is it? So let's do a challenge...

If you fail to deliver by March 5th, simply refund everyone who has purchased the club membership on the strength of your promises about Vantage.

That includes.... lots of people.

So let's do it. Forget about your banana slug crap. Deliver by March 5th or refund everyone who has paid you off the back of your empty promises.

There you go. A challenge for you. And if you're not interested then the FTC will be. For sure... you know what I'm talking about.

-Paul

DAve W.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulg View Post
    I don't hold out a lot of hope to be honest, Shannon, and others.

It's just another date isn't it? You said it in 2010, lots of times in 2011, then you ramped it up a notch, no doubt to get some extra moolah in the door at the backend of 2011, by saying you were "so close" and that everyone who joins as a club member will be getting it early. The Beta release... like we're paying for buggy software and you need us to pay you more and check it out.

Thanks for your reply to my PM by the way Shannon.... erm, not.... I'm surprised you didn't reply, because there are a lot of people on here who are seriously thinking about going down that route now.

You know what I said is right. You were fast enough to update Twitter/FB and this forum afterwards.

So, it's March 5th now is it? So let's do a challenge...

If you fail to deliver by March 5th, simply refund everyone who has purchased the club membership on the strength of your promises about Vantage.

That includes.... lots of people.

So let's do it. Forget about your banana slug crap. Deliver by March 5th or refund everyone who has paid you off the back of your empty promises.

There you go. A challenge for you. And if you're not interested then the FTC will be. For sure... you know what I'm talking about.

-Paul
    What do you mean when you say "FTC" will be interested???
    Thanks

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information