Thread: Ad payment options

Thanks

Ad payment options

Hi there.

I would really like to purchase the Classipress Theme, but have a few questions first;

1) I would like to have members place ads for free, however pay a small percentage for the item's sale price. This could only happen when the item is confirmed to have been purchased on the site.
    To this extent, is there, or could there be an option to have a 'Buy Now' button on an advert, so a Buyer can confirm their purchase on the site, then the ad is deemed to be sold and the Seller is notified of the Buyers details?
    The Buyer is also notified of the Sellers details upon confirming their purchase.

2) If the above is possible, could there also be an option to have a 'Make An Offer' button along side the 'Buy Now' button, so a Buyer can negotiate to a certain degree with the Seller, to perhaps get a cheaper price?
    I would also like this to be a selectable option for when a Seller lists an item.

3) Also, is there an option, add-on or plugin that can serve as a request/contact form so users can send out requests to members seeking for a specific item? (if it is not currently advertised for sale)

4) If the above question is possible, could there be a way to reply to a request so that only the Request Poster receives the replies?

5) If all of the above is not currently available, is there anyone who could possibly build these functions as add-ons or customise the Classipress Theme, and also quote for these?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    1) This is not currently a feature of ClassiPress, and at the moment although there is a "% of sellers ad price" payment option, this charges the ad poster during the initial ad posting process. So if you wanted to have it function as you describe, it would take some customization on your part.

2) As above, purchases are not made via ClassiPress, only the ad posting process.

3) & 4) This is not a feature of ClassiPress, no.

5) All of what you have mentioned would require customization of the theme. AppThemes does not carry out customization work, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who should be able to price the work for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

jase (February 11th, 2011)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    1) This is not currently a feature of ClassiPress, and at the moment although there is a "% of sellers ad price" payment option, this charges the ad poster during the initial ad posting process. So if you wanted to have it function as you describe, it would take some customization on your part.

2) As above, purchases are not made via ClassiPress, only the ad posting process.

3) & 4) This is not a feature of ClassiPress, no.

5) All of what you have mentioned would require customization of the theme. AppThemes does not carry out customization work, however we do have a certified partners page where you can find developers for hire who should be able to price the work for you.
    one more question will be able to facebook/twitter connect possible ?

Thanks
    The Facebook login feature is not currently part of the theme, however there are plans for this in a future release. In the meantime, I belive some customers have had success with plugins such as this, however you should note that third party plugins and customizations are not officially supported, so implementing this right now would be of your own doing.

Thanks
    Thanks Pepsi.

I think I may have worked out a way my questions 3) & 4) could be done using the blog system of the site, however I have a query to this;

Is it possible, and if so how, for any replies to a post be visible ONLY to the user who actually posted the post?

eg. so if I made a post which was asking people if anyone had a specific item to sell, then people could reply to me with details about, but no-one else could see these replies.

Also, (as I have mentioned in another thread) I have found quite a lot of other people also would like an option to sell the items listed through the site, as well as charge the seller a percentage of the sale price and have the listing of ads free.

Could you tell me if the Apptheme developers are even concidering this as an option on any future updates to the theme, and if so, when might this be integrated?

I would really like to find out if this can be done, and if not by Appthemes, then by someone else. - As I assume would many others :)

Kind regards,

Jase.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jase View Post
    Is it possible, and if so how, for any replies to a post be visible ONLY to the user who actually posted the post?

eg. so if I made a post which was asking people if anyone had a specific item to sell, then people could reply to me with details about, but no-one else could see these replies.
    If you're talking about comments being visible only to the poster, then no, I'm not aware specifically of how you would do this (not to mention this is the pre-sales forum, so we don't generally cover "how to's" here). The obvious choice is that if you want only the ad seller to see the correspondence from the buyer, then you'd get the interested buyer to use the sidebar contact form and email them direct via that form.

Quote Originally Posted by jase View Post
    Also, (as I have mentioned in another thread) I have found quite a lot of other people also would like an option to sell the items listed through the site, as well as charge the seller a percentage of the sale price and have the listing of ads free.

Could you tell me if the Apptheme developers are even concidering this as an option on any future updates to the theme, and if so, when might this be integrated?
    At this stage, there aren't specific plans for this, but that's not to say it's not being considered. But without it being a confirmed feature there is really no way to indicate when this might happen.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pepsi For This Useful Post:

jase (February 11th, 2011)

Thread Information