Thread: Bad or banned word filter?

Unregistered

Bad or banned word filter?

Does ClassiPress have a bad or banned word filter? I've looked at the admin demo and searched the forum but can't find an answer.

I've just set-up a directory using PHP Link Directory and the banned word filter is the only thing stopping spammers from mass submitting certain websites (i.e. 90+ submissions of pharmacy / prescription drugs sites from the same IP within 30 minutes). Don't know how they managed to bypass the captcha and other spam filters, but they did. I've now updated the list to stop it from happening again.

Thanks
    No, this is not a feature available within ClassiPress. I'm unsure if there are plugins which may achieve what you are asking in terms of blocking words etc, but there are plugins such as wp-ban where you can block IP ranges, specific addresses, or host addresses etc. Other members of the community have found methods of preventing spam by using various captcha plugins.. Otherwise it would be some sort of customization on your part to build a word filter in or edit .htaccess to block certain countries perhaps?

Mister Phes2
    Word filters tend to be useful to filter out swearing.

On a large classifield websites, profanity filters could speed up the listing review process.

I'm really big on automation because when implemented properly it saves time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    There's a wordpress plugin for that.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    AWESOME! What's it called?

No doubt there is more than one so I'll research the matter when I have more time.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    I still have to recall the name but you can definitely find it at the official wordpress plugin repository here http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Mister Phes2
    Thanks for the pointer!

Plugins aside I'd personally find it useful if something like this was integrated into ClassiPress.

Thanks
    Well something like this can be requested by ClassiPress customers in our Feature Requests forum, and if we get plenty of feedback that it is something the community would like to see implemented, then our development team would certainly consider it..

Thread Information