Thread: ClassiPress

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

ClassiPress

Hello
    I am interested in ClassiPress and I have a few questions
    1. I need html knowledge?
    2. If I don’t have html knowledge and I want to change a little bit the design, I can do it?
    3. If after the purchase, I still can’t manage it, I can receive any refund?
    Thanks
    Liz

Thanks
    1. No, you don't need to know html to use the theme.

2. It really depends on what sort of changes you want to make?

Here is an excerpt from the ClassiPress FAQ page which probably applies to you..

Q: I love ClassiPress but want to change the design around to better fit my site. How can I do this?
    A: If you are familiar with WordPress theme files, css, and html then you should have no problem customizing ClassiPress to match your existing website. This is not covered under the ClassiPress support package so it will be up to the community to answer your questions. For starters, you’ll want to edit the header.php and style.css files. If you aren’t technical then I’d recommend hiring a WordPress consultant.
    3. No. Since this is digital media there are no refunds once your purchase has been made.

If you are not already familiar with WordPress and how to updates themes, then I would recommend that you install WordPress first and have a look at how it all works before you jump in and purchase the ClassiPress theme. This will help you have a better understanding of how you go about turning your WordPress site into a Classifieds website using ClassiPress and should make you feel more comfortable about your purchase :)

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: ClassiPress

Thank you very much on your answers :)
    I know a little bit the wordpress, I have more questions about ClassiPress
    1. I have the option to remove the fields in the right side, all these boxes like welcome to our Web site! List Your Classified Ads Search Classified AdsFrom the Blog ,and instead of these fields can I use scripts, or to upload photos (I do these scripts via software like coffeecup)
    2. Can I remove the counter next the categories?

Thanks again
    Liz

Thanks

1. You can use whatever widgets you want to use in the sidebar, this is controlled within the widgets section of your wp-admin dashboard... I'm not sure exactly what kind of scripts you want to use, but there is obviously a plain text/html widget you can use to place your code into for some things. Otherwise, if you want more you would be looking at customizing it which of course is up to you.

2. Yes, you could edit some code to remove the category count. I believe there is a thread in the forums where another member of the community has shared how to do this..

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Hi again
    I have one more question :)
    Can I block IP?
    Thanks again
    Liz

Thanks

You could a plugin such as WP-Ban http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-ban/, although there are sure to be others out there.

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

I can`t remove field in the right side - welcome to our Web site!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nobreak
    I can`t remove field in the right side - welcome to our Web site!
    Please start a new thread for support questions in the appropriate part of the forums. Thanks.

Thread Information