Thread: Prof. license and multiple sites in WP 3.0 (defunct MU)?

Thanks

Prof. license and multiple sites in WP 3.0 (defunct MU)?

Hi there,

I'm a Professional license customer interested in creating several offshoots of one domain (i.e. chicago.mydomain.com, newyork.mydomain.com) and was wondering if I could get clarification on the terms of my license.

As I understand it, I can use sub-domains with a professional license and the difference between Professional and Ultimate was making sites for others and/or use of Wordpress MU correct?

But now that Wordpress MU has been absorbed into WP 3.0, I'm still perfectly within my rights to use that functionality within WP 3.0 on my own network of sites within my own domain, correct?

Just want to make sure I have the terms of the license understood.....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 Times in 3,264 Posts

Re: Prof. license and multiple sites in WP 3.0 (defunct MU)?

We have yet to confirm this with the developer since the license's term of use has not yet been updated in conjunction with the merger of the two wordpress platform.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Re: Prof. license and multiple sites in WP 3.0 (defunct MU)?

It would seem that those that purchased the Professional license before the switch (end of MU and integration of a multi-site option in WP 3.0) should be able to be grandfathered in since we purchased under the license we were aware of at the time, right? That would seem fair to those of us who bought in earlier.

Thread Information