Thread: Classipress and Vantage and Jobroller and Clipper

nato

Classipress and Vantage and Jobroller and Clipper

Hi

I am looking to build a site for the local area I live in, startin with classifieds (ClassiPress) and then adding business listings (Anntage) and then possible job listings (Job Roller), although I can use classifieds for basic work wanted/looking for work ads.

I would like your advice on the best way to go about this? I would be using the one domain name and sub folders or subdomains for classifides and businesses. I have not used WP Networks before but I gather than is the way to go. I can see there are child themes (TwinPress) for ClassiPress and Vantage for running them on a WP Networks site.

How would I then integrate the JobRoller in to things or maybe I mgiht want to ad on the coupon system at some stage.

I would really like to get started with the classified system and then add on the business listings once that is done so your suggested approach to this would be much appreciated.

Also, how do the logins work with the multiple sites? I assume the one user account can then access the differnet sites but would need approval for each one. e.g. user signs up for classifieds and is approved. and then wants to list their business, I would want to have an approval process in place before they can use the business system.

I think I am creating more questions for myself :-)

Looking forward to your guidance!

Thanks
    Nathan

Thanks
    For the amount of themes you'd be looking to set up, yes the WordPress multisite network would likely be the best method for managing this kind of scenario. You can share the user database on a multisite network, thus allowing a single login between themes - you can read more about multisite user admin here. In terms of approval of listings and ads, these are managed individually within the themes. The TwinPress child themes are specifically for ClassiPress and Vantage, so if you're adding JobRoller to the mix, there isn't currently an option for this as a styled child theme as such, however you could always check with the child theme developer in terms of whether or not this may be a possiblity in future (you can communicate with them directly through the comments section of the marketplace product page). Currently though if you're starting with those two themes, then the TwinPress Bundle would be suitable. Please note that you would still be required to purchase the actual Vantage and ClassiPress themes in order to use the child themes, so you can find theme pricing here, and if you are considering 3 or more themes, the AppThemes Club package would be the most economical option in that regard. Thanks.

Thread Information