Thread: Message Box

webxoh

Message Box

Hi,

I'm strongly interested in the Classipress theme - but I need one function that is very important for me and the business model I want to realize: A message box for registered members.

I don't want that the inquiries sent via the inquiry form are forwarded to the email address of the lead owner.
    It should be send to an message box inside the Classipress dash board. So that users are able to communicate inside Classipress and not via email.

I suppose that this is a feature that would interest many people.

Could you develop that?

Is it possible to speed that development up if we would pay you the custom development? If yes, what would that cost?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    That can definitely be implemented either through custom coding and or with a plugin. You may avail the services of Appthemes Certified partners to implement it for you, here's the link http://appthemes.com/partners/ .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    Thanks for the promt answer. Just one last question: Could I use any wordpress message box plugin? Would that be compatible and work with your ClassiPress theme?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You may just try any message box plugin and which I think will work just fine since most message box is supposed to work in the background and not in anyhow interfacing with the theme in the front end.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    perhaps This plugin is what u want but unfortunately it must be integrated with CP ! I wish David paid attention to such an important feature!!! I think a message box is necessary at least for the Admin to sent public or private message through the site not Email !

if there's a msgbox in user dashboard page no theme can compete with CP !

Thanks
    Has the Appthemes team given any consideration towards implementing a Private Messaging system into their themes at all? This would be a big plus for all of the themes.

Thanks
    u r right bellboy ! as I mentioned if it's added no doubt there's no themes competing with CP cuz 's a very very useful and to be honest NECESSARY OPTION! I have seen it in many websites (maybe not wp website but included this option!)

Thanks
    bellboy & pinocchio: If you would like to see this kind of feature, then my suggestion would be to start a thread in ClassiPress feature requests. We'll then be able to get an idea of how many people would like to see this implemented.

Thread Information