Thread: Is it possible to look to jobs under a category simply by going to category?

sssdornier

Is it possible to look to jobs under a category simply by going to category?

My competitor has page- http://www.rephunter.net/search-by-c...php?naics3=111

Through which he shows all categories on a page. If someone clicks on that category, the page displays all jobs under that category.

1) Is this possible in jobroller?

2) Is it possible to add sub categories?

3) I am going to use two use jobroller in a subdirectory and I want home page in jobroller to direct to home page of another wordpress home page. is it possible?

SSSDORNIER

I will clarify

Actually I am going to have following- I am going to use 2 wordpress. One wordpress with static pages and another wordpress with jobroller in a subdirectory. I have these questions-

1) In jobroller I want home button to target home page of my first wordpress having static pages.

2) Do I have to keep the footer credentials that roughly says website run by jobroller and wordpress. How can I remove it.

3) Suppose I want small modification later in the theme. Will i be able to get it from your support team if I purchase jobroller. As I dont want to use your partners as the theme is already costly.

4) Do I have to pay $50 every year just to get updates?

5) What will happen if I cancel membership after one year and again renew it in 3rd year. Will I be charged extra or $50. Will I be able to get recent updates also?

6) Is it always important to update? What will happen if I keep updating wordpress and not the theme in about next five years?

7) Please remove the yearly fees and you will see flood of customers.

Thanks
    1) Is this possible in jobroller?
    To be honest I visited the link of the URL you provided and it's not that straightforward to navigate? In JobRoller you can simply select the category from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage "Browse By" section and it will display listings in that category (you can also filter by other fields there).

2) Is it possible to add sub categories?
    You create all categories and subcategories yourself when you install the theme, so yes you can create subcategories. You can see this specific part in the JobRoller admin demo.

3) I am going to use two use jobroller in a subdirectory and I want home page in jobroller to direct to home page of another wordpress home page. is it possible?
    You would need to do some additional customization of your own in order to link the two in terms of listing, but technically yes it could be done. You may like to look at a WordPress multisite setup if you're planning to share the user database between these installations.

Part II

1) In jobroller I want home button to target home page of my first wordpress having static pages.
    You can direct the links to wherever you want from the WordPress custom menus function, but just keep in mind that if you plan to use a static homepage on the JobRoller theme itself then you will need to make modifications in order for links etc to work correctly as the theme is not designed to be used with a static homepage.

2) Do I have to keep the footer credentials that roughly says website run by jobroller and wordpress. How can I remove it.
    No you do not have to keep the footer credit. You'll need to modify the theme files in order to remove it as there is no specific setting in the JobRoller admin to remove it.

3) Suppose I want small modification later in the theme. Will i be able to get it from your support team if I purchase jobroller. As I dont want to use your partners as the theme is already costly.
    AppThemes does not offer customization services, nor do we officially support customizations themselves (i.e. you won't be able to seek the code to make customizations from our support staff), however you can seek community based support from the Mods & tutorials section of the forums. If you know what changes you wish to make, you can always just seek a quote from our certified partners to get an actual idea of the cost involved.

4) Do I have to pay $50 every year just to get updates?
    When you purchase a theme, you get a lifetime license and 12 months of support and theme updates. If you wish to renew the subscription after that period of time, it's $29 a year. You can find more details on our pricing page.

5) What will happen if I cancel membership after one year and again renew it in 3rd year. Will I be charged extra or $50. Will I be able to get recent updates also?
    If you cancel the subscription or choose not to renew it for a while, then decide later to do so, you'll still only be charged the subscription fee at that time (not backdated to the years you weren't subscribed).

6) Is it always important to update? What will happen if I keep updating wordpress and not the theme in about next five years?
    It's important in the sense that new features and functions are implemented in the major updates we release, and Minor updates contain bug fixes or minor changes which are still worth updating. Also, you need to consider that when WordPress itself releases updates, we update our themes accordingly to ensure they will continue to work seamlessly with the latest release of WP. If something major changes in WP, or there is a security issue addresses which requires the theme to be updated, potentially if you update WP and not the theme, there may be vulnerabilities or other issues which could arise from not keeping up to date.

7) Please remove the yearly fees and you will see flood of customers.
    We used to offer this, however it wasn't a realistic business model to sustain in order to allow us to hire the development staff we needed to continuously work on the themes and offer the products and service we want to provide. Thanks.

SSSDORNIER

Thanks for reply

Dear Pepsi,

Thanks for replying to my lengthy questions. Actually it is important for me to ask so please bear with me.

1) I was actually willing to have about 200 categories and sub categories. I think that will be very long if all appears in the side bar. Please suggest something.
    2) I tried to include subcategory in the demo but it should results cannot be saved. Do you have any screenshot as to how a sub category will look?
    3) Demo doesnot show any home button on the top. Is it so that we have to insert home button or it comes by default?
    4) Do you help in removing footer credit?
    5) Can you tell me more about Ajax and Jquery usage in theme. In your website it says it autofills but the demo shows nothing.
    6) Is it possible that whatever new jobs that are listed on website gets automatically updated on twitter and facebook accounts?
    7) It has been said that theme is search engine optimized. Does it mean that google will list all of the jobs posted on my site?

Thanks
    No problem at all, we're happy to clarify any questions you have to help you determine if the theme will suit your needs :)

1) By default, the "Browse by" category section will only show the parent categories in the list. If you used the "Job Categories" widget in the sidebar, this allows you to show the list as a dropdown. Screenshot here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jLvcl.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	4336

2) You can add the subcategory in the "Job Categories" screen, and it will appear as a subcategory under the parent when the employer is listing the job, so it can be selected from there. The screenshot above is how they appear in the filter and job category widget.

3) You can easily add a home button using the "custom menus" function built into WordPress.

4) As mentioned above, AppThemes doesn't officially support customizations, however you can seek community based support in the "Mods & tutorials" section of the forums. In this instance, there are already existing threads about this particular question.

5) There is an example on the theme page under the "AJAX and jQuery features", but another area you'll see this is when posting a resume (the demo site isn't logged in as a job seeker, so this screenshot is from my personal test site). So, for example you want to type in the language as "English" and start typing in "Eng" and the suggestions will appear as per the screenshot below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koKro.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	4337

6) There are plugins you could potentially use for this such as Twitterfeed. AppThemes doesn't officially support third party plugins, so we cannot guarantee that all such plugins will be compatible with our themes, however I have seen mention of that one in our forums as working for some in ClassiPress.

7) WordPress already has great SEO built into it, and you can also use additional SEO plugins such as Yoast or All in One SEO to further configure it for your installation. You should also submit your site to Google anyway. Thanks.

SSSDORNIER

Not able to see screenshots

I tried to check the screenshots you posted but it is saying-

Sorry, but you do not have permission to access this page. This is most likely due to one or more of the following reasons:
    You are not logged in.
    You don't have admin or premium content account access.
    Your account may have been disabled or temporarily locked.
    Existing members should login below to continue. If you are a current member and can't login, please contact customer support.

SSSDORNIER

Further questions

Also, please tell me how much server space will be needed if I purchase Jobroller themes, Fxtender Pro plugin and simplyhired plugin?

Can we upload the theme and plugins directly from wordpress theme upload and plugin upload features?

I heard that with theme updates all customizations are lost. Is it true?

When are you releasing mobile compatible theme?

I heard we can earn money by showing jobs from indeed and simplyhired. Is it true? Please tell me the details.

Thanks
    Sorry about that, I didn't realise it would be an issue if you're visiting the pre-sales forum. Here are the direct links to the screenshots:
    Sidebar
    Resume

When you're just starting out, you're unlikely to need more than a standard hosting plan. You may wish to note that if you sign up for one of our WordPress Hosting partners you may be eligible for a significant discount off your theme purchase. More details on the promos page.

Yes, you can upload the theme and plugins from the WordPress admin dashboard. For more information on how to upload the theme you may wish to check out the JobRoller documentation.

Yes, you should expect to lose theme customizations in the process of an upgrade because you're essentially replacing all the theme files. We recommend if you are going to modify the theme in any way, that you create a child theme in order to minimize the loss of these changes when you upgrade.

We hope to have all of our themes responsive by the end of the year.

You can find a blog post relating to Indeed and SimplyHired here, which explains more about how it works. Thanks.

SSSDORNIER

Thanks

Dear Pepsi. Thanks a lot for for answering my questions. I am buying the theme. Just wanted to say you look great :-)

Thanks
    You're welcome, and thanks :)

Thread Information