1) Is this possible in jobroller?
To be honest I visited the link of the URL you provided and it's not that straightforward to navigate? In JobRoller
you can simply select the category from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage "Browse By" section and it will display listings in that category (you can also filter by other fields there).
2) Is it possible to add sub categories?
You create all categories and subcategories yourself when you install the theme, so yes you can create subcategories. You can see this specific part in the JobRoller admin demo
3) I am going to use two use jobroller in a subdirectory and I want home page in jobroller to direct to home page of another wordpress home page. is it possible?
You would need to do some additional customization of your own in order to link the two in terms of listing, but technically yes it could be done. You may like to look at a WordPress multisite setup
if you're planning to share the user database between these installations.
1) In jobroller I want home button to target home page of my first wordpress having static pages.
You can direct the links to wherever you want from the WordPress custom menus function, but just keep in mind that if you plan to use a static homepage on the JobRoller theme itself then you will need to make modifications in order for links etc to work correctly as the theme is not designed to be used with a static homepage.
2) Do I have to keep the footer credentials that roughly says website run by jobroller and wordpress. How can I remove it.
No you do not have to keep the footer credit. You'll need to modify the theme files in order to remove it as there is no specific setting in the JobRoller admin to remove it.
3) Suppose I want small modification later in the theme. Will i be able to get it from your support team if I purchase jobroller. As I dont want to use your partners as the theme is already costly.
AppThemes does not offer customization services, nor do we officially support customizations themselves (i.e. you won't be able to seek the code to make customizations from our support staff), however you can seek community based support from the Mods & tutorials section of the forums. If you know what changes you wish to make, you can always just seek a quote from our certified partners
to get an actual idea of the cost involved.
4) Do I have to pay $50 every year just to get updates?
When you purchase a theme, you get a lifetime license and 12 months of support and theme updates. If you wish to renew the subscription after that period of time, it's $29 a year. You can find more details on our pricing page
5) What will happen if I cancel membership after one year and again renew it in 3rd year. Will I be charged extra or $50. Will I be able to get recent updates also?
If you cancel the subscription or choose not to renew it for a while, then decide later to do so, you'll still only be charged the subscription fee at that time (not backdated to the years you weren't subscribed).
6) Is it always important to update? What will happen if I keep updating wordpress and not the theme in about next five years?
It's important in the sense that new features and functions are implemented in the major updates we release, and Minor updates contain bug fixes or minor changes which are still worth updating. Also, you need to consider that when WordPress itself releases updates, we update our themes accordingly to ensure they will continue to work seamlessly with the latest release of WP
. If something major changes in WP
, or there is a security issue addresses which requires the theme to be updated, potentially if you update WP
and not the theme, there may be vulnerabilities or other issues which could arise from not keeping up to date.
7) Please remove the yearly fees and you will see flood of customers.
We used to offer this, however it wasn't a realistic business model to sustain in order to allow us to hire the development staff we needed to continuously work on the themes and offer the products and service we want to provide. Thanks.