Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: search and filter functions

Unregistered

search and filter functions

Hi there,

I have looked at the demo and those show case. i found a problem that the serach functions which can only work on one categeory, and i havent figured out if the filter opention is aviliable. is it possible to do multi category ? Let say i am doing car listing website. i want to search used car that under $5000 and made by toyota.

mikkel-in

agree

yea that would be a very nice function to have,
    and also a function to search within a diffrent location.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Though it is not yet a current feature of Classipress, some were able to customize their search function by using some plugins and through custom coding.

FYI, search and filter functions is one of the most requested feature of Classipress and so there is a possibility that it will be included in the next major version release.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Unregistered
    would you be able to point us some reference that shows how to do it? because i wanna make sure if it can be done before i purchase it.

Also, i think the most important features will be the filtering and search for classified.

thanks,

Thanks
    Hi Jomarkosabel, would you mind to give us some ideas, which plugins work?

Thanks
    I have used this one on my site http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...fields-search/ . You may also try searching the official wordpress plugin repository for other search plugin.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    I have used this one on my site http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...fields-search/ . You may also try searching the official wordpress plugin repository for other search plugin.
    That's exactly what I've tried. I have a website for trekking, outdoor and mountaineering stuff and like to give my users the chance to sort by price, by category or tags. But the search results is always the same and it lists products that have nothing to do with the search query. What did you do to assign this correctly?

Thanks
    My search form has only two parameters, the category and region using the standard settings of the plugin.

Thanks
    Jom...
    Did you need to make any changes to get the search plugin to work?
    I suppose you had to remove any mention of search otherwise from the page?
    see rexandfritz.com/devel and look on the left column below the intro box.

my search does not return any results. I'll try removing my include for my search and see if that helps.

Thanks
    I did not do any changes to the plugin. I think it is working fine with my site perhaps because I am using a different query code for the search result page. I have used different a query because of my region redirection function.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information