Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speed of the sites

Unregistered

Speed of the sites

I like the look of this theme but ama bit concerned about the loading speed of some of the demo sites. they seem painfully slow I'd like to know what other people experience of this is.

Also the demo although vay slightly in graphical design they all have a fairly ridgid anc 'corporatey' look and feel. How much scope is there for changing the look and feel completely?

thanks

Thanks
    There are factors to consider here, such as plugins used, host used, and things like that...all of which can effect the speed of a ClassiPress site, which is why some sites appear to be slower than the others..This is a topic which has been discussed by members of our community, who have also shared tips on how to optimize their ClassiPress sites within our forums. Many have managed to see great improvement to their speeds by using some of the suggested methods.

In terms of the design, this is certainly a very customizable theme, so if you have the skills, you're pretty much open to do whatever you like in that respect. ClassiPress is not encrypted, and also is now even more capable of handling child themes which is perfect for those wanting to customize without losing all their work when upgrading. (You can find Child theme tutorials on the AppThemes blog)..

Jukka
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I like the look of this theme but ama bit concerned about the loading speed of some of the demo sites.
    I like the classipress too, but the speed is so slow (takes about 30 to 60 secs to see the page if i click some link) and thats way too much. I tried several sites and they all seems to be very slow. Thats a shame, i hope its getting faster in the future (without any tricks and modifications) i will buy it then.

btw. demosite takes 45 secs to load.... i first thought its not working and just left. Dont know if the demo site is on different server than this main site bcos main site works normal and fast. Also the Jobroller demo is very fast.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    btw. demosite takes 45 secs to load.... i first thought its not working and just left.
    WOW if that doesn't grab their attention and slap them around the head a bit I don't know what else would.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kplunk View Post
    WOW if that doesn't grab their attention and slap them around the head a bit I don't know what else would.
    They're not even talking about the current version. Please be aware of the thread date before you revive old ones. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Just tested v3.0.5 demo for speed.

I've only got a 512K connection and it loads quite quickly, homepage loaded in under 7 seconds while classified pages under 3 seconds. Perhaps it was already cached.

Some of the Customer Showcase websites were marginally slower, but one major factor Pepsi didn't mention is image file size. Some of the Showcase sites have large banner images and that can slow things down quite a bit.

As for me, websites like Wikipedia and Dictionary.com load painfully slow in comparission to any ClassiPress site I've tested.

budakboy

Is this problem sattled?

Is this issue already cleared by the administrator? tq

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    The latest version of classipress already addressed that.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

budakboy

great!!!

Tq2 for the info...

Thanks
    I would expect the "standard" to be the AppThemes Demo site for ClassiPress.
    Is that not a good way to judge how fast one should expect their Classipress site to load?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information