Thread: State > City > Categories

JohnDee

State > City > Categories

Hi looking to replace an existing site running on Noah's Classifieds. My Client has set the site up with a category hierarchy of State, then City then the categories. This results in 2000+ categories which the existing software really struggles with.

Would Classipress be able to cope with this sort of structure? Or would it be better to create a custom interface that used the city state listing field values?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Classipress being a wordpress theme just uses the wordpress core engine and that includes categories hierarchy. Though wordpress is used by big names in media I still have not found one that uses the categories like the way you want to. You can just try loading your database with a wordpress install to see how it goes.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

JohnDee
    thanks for that, I've imported all the existing categories using the bulk category importer in the Post Correct plugin http://www.lordtime.com/blog/2008/07...plugin-update/ and I'm not seeing any performance issues.

I think I will be recommending this as the way to go to my customer. Hopefully, you can expect an order.

JD

Thanks
    And we will be expecting you at the forum then. Have a nice day.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

JohnDee
    One thing that does strike me however is that the City State fields in the form appear to be core fields that cannot be edited or deleted. They become redundant if I set the City State up as categories. Is there anyway to hide these?

JD

Thanks
    They can be customized by using the custom form. Anyway, you may start a topic about this at the members only thread and I will guide you there. There are also existing topics about custom forms that you can find through searching this forum.

Thread Information