Thread: State Custom Field

Unregistered

State Custom Field

If you started using your site using the current State Custom Field with its default entries as below:

Alabama,Alaska,Arizona,Arkansas,California,Colorad o,Connecticut,Delaware,District of Columbia,Florida,Georgia,Hawaii,Idaho,Illinois,

It may apply to other fields but this is just to cite an example: What will happen if a couple of new States emerged called Akamai and Columbus? You will then have to add this to your custom field above which will end up like this:

AKAMAI,Alabama,Alaska,Arizona,Arkansas,California, Colorado,COLUMBUS,Connecticut,Delaware,District of Columbia,Florida,Georgia,Hawaii,Idaho,Illinois,

Here's the question:

What will happen to previous advertisers who had posted ads and chosen their particular States?

If the previous advertiser had chosen Alabama? Will it now be AKAMAI? as this is now the default number 1 choice in the drop down list?
    If the previous advertiser had chosen Connecticut? Will it be Colorado as this is now 7th in the drop down list?

Thanks
    Good question. Well, because I wasn't 100% sure of how this would work, I have actually just this minute tested it out so I can give you a definite answer. I can confirm that despite adding extra field values to an existing custom field (which changed the order in which my original field values were placed), the original ad I posted prior to the change did not suddenly change the value which was originally inputted.

So effectively, nothing happens to previous ads if you were to make this change.

Unregistered
    even with me ..
    This is a big mistake! Improvement is in sight?

Sorry for my English!

Unregistered
    I have noticed that this problem only with the first update the listing will happen. If the listing updated a second time, there remains all!

Funny ... ;-(

excuse my English

Thread Information