Thread: Upgrades from one edition to another

Unregistered

Upgrades from one edition to another

Hi
    If I buy the personal edition of classipress can I then upgrade to the small business edition at a reduced cost? I am wondering about starting a directory but I don't want to go for the small business edition yet but might start on the personal then upgrade if things work out OK.
    Thanks

Thanks
    If you purchase a licence and then upgrade to another licence later, you only pay the difference between licence costs at the time..so effectively yes, it is at the reduced rate and not the full cost again..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi
    If I buy the personal edition of classipress can I then upgrade to the small business edition at a reduced cost? I am wondering about starting a directory but I don't want to go for the small business edition yet but might start on the personal then upgrade if things work out OK.
    Thanks
    It's the route I went. I wanted the PE edition to try things out without investing too much (I have paid for other themes in the past which I eventually ditched after finding out that they were a little over-hyped). As I'm happy with CP, I paid the upgrade price and went to the SBE just this week. One word of advice - if you start customising CP files then you will have to clever about doing the upgrade unless you want to re-do all your mods.

D.

Thanks
    Steeld -> this is my big worry !!! Of updates from people behind the classipress team.

I said -> it's very important and necesary to have not just new files by new release / update but also STEP BY STEP how to install each new future into old system. Cause I have about 100 hardcoded and implement modifications in my templates, cause default CP didn't suit my requirements. It is not fault from CP. Nobody can make component exactly for my requirements. But new releases need to have Step by step how to implement them. FOR SURE !!!

Each future NAMED and STEP BY STEP implementation proces in PDF or directly on this forum or I don't know.

Thanks
    My solution was to use a file comparison utility on the default clean versions of each edition to see what files were actually different and then just replace those. I also had to update a database field to reflect what I now had. That way, I didn't have to re-edit each file to re-insert my customisations.

Thanks
    Yop file comparison utility is good solution. I use it too. But when somebody wants from me to buy his soft, he should to make it much easier for me then using file comparison software and so on..

BTW -> I do not want all of the new futures in new releases. So Making a list of new things and how to implement them will be the best for me and also for people who don't know how to uses file comparison and so on.

Thanks
    Is upgrading only a pain in the neck if I make custom changes? If I use the stock version, are upgrades simple?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    Appthemes themes now supports child themes and with it your changes will remain with upgrades.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thread Information