Thread: Vantage Pre-sale question

Unregistered

Vantage Pre-sale question

I have a question regarding creating a listing in the Vantage theme.

"Vantage there are two options for creating a listing on the directory: events and listings" My question is the following. I have a client looking to create directory with three main categories. These are the following:

Business Listing
    Events
    Landmarks

In the description of the theme is states " it makes it very easy for users of the directory to get directions and find their way to the location of each listing, whether it’s a business, a facility, or a landmark" Does this statement mean that
    landmarks can be created as a category, not a sub category?

Next question. If my requirements are business listing, events and landmarks, how would this be accomplished? Landmarks wouldn't be a subcategory of the business option since the business option has the option of "Hours of Business" selection.

Any insight would appreciated in resolving the issue of having three main categories. Also, if Vantage can satisfy this, any suggestions on a theme/plugin that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks
    It means that listings are linked to locations using Google maps integration, and these locations can be displayed on the main index page as shown on the Vantage demo site, and you can also use the sidebar map option within the listing itself to get directions. If the use of a "Landmarks" category is more so that a user can select a location before entering listings for that location, there is a Vantage site in the AppThemes showcase here which achieves something similar to what it sounds like you are looking to do by use of categories rather than customization. Thanks.

Unregistered

Don't know if my question was answered

I understanding the business and event capability of the theme. However, let me ask my question in another way. Let's say, for example, a person wants to share the location of a secluded cove on the website. This is nowhere near a business or event. How would a person include this in the directory?

#1: What category, business or event, or sub-category, would they place the "geographic location" under?
    #2: I assume, they can upload photos, etc.
    #3: It if doesn't have an address, how would the theme, or the use, place the pin, with uploaded photo, in the appropriate place on the map for other users?

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Thanks
    Ultimately the theme doesn't have a "Landmark" option already built into it, so asking "how" you would add this type of listing would either involve you utilizing the existing "Listings" option, or you'd have to customize the theme yourself to accommodate another custom post type. If they're adding it in the directory as a listing, then they can still select the general location in Google maps on the listing form and click and drag the pin if required. Yes, users can upload images for their listing. Thanks.

Unregistered
    Thanks for your reply. Another question from my client...

If a person wants to pin a specific location, ie a secluded cove on the map, and they are at the location of the secluded cove, will this theme GPS their current location, the secluded cove, and allow the person to simply have a pin "automatically" placed at their exact GPS location due to the GPS finding their current location?

They would simply just need to provide a description and upload a photo? Can this be accomplished with this theme?

Thanks,

Thanks
    The theme uses Google maps integration to pinpoint locations based on what is entered into the listing, so by default the user still has to enter in the location (it's not automatic). You can however find a related plugin in the AppThemes marketplace here which you may like to check out. Thanks.

Thread Information