Thread: You folks do realize....

bladerogers

You folks do realize....

That the majority of your images on your site are not being displayed, right? At least, from any machine I check, I am seeing a whole lot of missing images. Just a note, this reflects on your product, and leads me to ask, is this a problem inherent in your themes as well?

Thanks
    Thank you for letting us know, but no this is not an issue in our themes. If you wouldn't mind please giving us an idea of where you're seeing issues with images we'll have a look (also if you can please indicate which browser you are using this will be helpful). At this point I can't see any problems when viewing the site on my own browser so will need to try and replicate what you're seeing. Thanks :)

bladerogers
    It happens in IE9, Chrome, and Firefox, on my work computer, all 4 of my home computers, my phone and my tablet.

see screenshots at

ht tp://www.genxwebhost.com/appthemesimages/scr1.gif
    ht tp://www.genxwebhost.com/appthemesimages/scr2.gif
    ht tp://www.genxwebhost.com/appthemesimages/scr3.gif
    ht tp://www.genxwebhost.com/appthemesimages/scr4.gif
    ht tp://www.genxwebhost.com/appthemesimages/scr5.gif

and page source for the last screen shot here

ht tp://www.genxwebhost.com/appthemesimages/scr5_pagesource.txt

notice the reference to URL cdn.appthemes.com in image directives, suspect that to be the cause myself...willing to bet all of us Canadians are seeing the same issue :)

Thanks
    Thanks very much for the additional details/screenshots, it's not something reported by others at this time and I'm not able to replicate it myself, but I will report it to our team. Just curious about the URL you are viewing for these pages.. are they http:// or https:// ?

bladerogers
    ht tp://www.appthemes.com/

It's like there is location detection and conditional code based on detected location. If I were to connect through a US proxy, I suspect I would see the images. Do you guys have servers in various locations around the globe to handle traffic load or something? It's like your site detected I am in Canada, so conditions have your web server load images from a cdn.appthemes.com domain, perhaps a server based in Canada, or at least closer to my location, to assist in bandwidth and loading speeds? You won't see this unless you are in Canada, or enter through a Canadian proxy I suspect (or otherwise emulate Canadian local/IP). Do you have any team members in Canada you could have visit the site to verify what they see?

Thanks
    Thanks again for your help, I have passed this onto our team. And yes, we do have someone in Canada so we'll see if we can get him to replicate it too :)

Thread Information