Thread: Error message that dpoesn't make sense

Thanks

Error message that dpoesn't make sense

Hi,

I successfully installed ClassiPress into a network configuration. I'm happy to say that my existing Buddy Press user ID logged me into the ClassiPress dashboard so all look great. However after the installation I did get the following error message that looks as if ClassiPress thinks I need to update the version. Yet the version already is the latest version as indicated in the error message. Plus there are no ads posted either.

So should I run the update anyway? If so what will happen? Perhaps since I already have version 3.0.5.2 I shouldn’t run the update.
    One thought. The new WordPress network set up I have I believe uses one database as apposed to the former multi user set up. So if that is the case would that explain the error message? Perhaps the theme wants to alter the existing database, which could affect the network?
    Thoughts?

Important Notice - ClassiPress Upgrade Required
    Your ClassiPress Version: 3.0.5.2
    Latest ClassiPress Version: 3.0.5.2
    Your database needs to be updated before using this version of ClassiPress. It's important to first back-up your database BEFORE running this upgrade tool. We are not responsible for any lost or corrupt data. We recommend using the WP-DB plug-in to easily back-up your database. To install it directly from within WordPress, just go to your 'Add New' plugins page and search for 'WP-DB-Backup'. For more instructions, see this page.
    What will this upgrade do?
    Since ClassiPress now uses custom post types and taxonomies for ads, we need to move all your ads, ad categories, and copy your tags from 'posts' to 'ads'. See the new 'Ads' menu group in your left-hand sidebar? Yep, that's where we're going to move them.
    This script will take any ads NOT assigned to your blog categories (and blog sub-categories) which in your case are: Uncategorized and move them over. If this doesn't look correct or you wish to move ads out of these categories, please do so before running this script. These blog categories are determined by your "Blog Category ID" option on your settings page.
    This script will attempt to move your 0 ads, 0 ad categories, and 0 tags under the new 'Ads' menu group. NOTE: Only tags assigned to an ad will be moved over so less than the total tags found (0 tags) will likely be moved.
    IMPORTANT: Once you click the update button below, there's no going back. Chances of anything going wrong are slim, and since you've already backed up your database, there's nothing to be worried about. This may take a while depending on how many ads you have. Please only click the button once.

Error Message.

Thanks

Further to my first question

You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information