Thread: Issues and Suggestions.

Thanks

Issues and Suggestions.

Advanced search filter:

Price Slider
    1. Issue is if u have a price in Category a that says 1000$ and 2 ads in category B with prices 300$ and 400$... If u see in category B, the price slider will make the slider go up to 1000$ even though that ad is placed in category A, and the maximum price in Category B is 400$

i think its a fairly huge issue since it can gives a huge jump in an accesories category compared to a car category.

2. Second issue is if i filter the category with a Size, and refines the result, on the "next page" where its refined, the price slider will disapear.

3. Is there a way to change the Miles into Kilometers? In Denmark we dont use Miles, and i cant find a Setting in the "settings" to change it.

Suggestions:

1. if i want to display the height of a product, lets say a horse.. it would be nice that i could pretype "cm" (centimeter) for my users. it could be used for alot of other great stuff.. Km, kg etc.

See Example with the red line

2. Auto Fill Tags - If u dont want your users to use crappy tags, make a function that automatically will be used as Tags. This can be done just like Advanced Search Filter where u tick a box in "Form layouts" if u want to use it as a tag. This will give better Search Engine Optimization and wont fill your Tag cloud with useless tags.

3. Make a function that creates 1 or more Seperators in Form Layouts so it will be nice and clean divided up..

4. Make a function that created a HTML/info box in Form layouts where u can type messages related to the fields below or above the "HTML" box. This gives more usability.

5. If 4 is a bad idea it could be a good idea to divide your fields up into more Tabs/steps..

Exsample. All Fields regarding Address is in Tab 1
    All fields regarding Car interior is in Tab 2
    All fields regarding Exterior is in Tab 3

So on and so on.. This will also help on usability

6. More Custom Field Areas.
    - have Custom Field Area on the Category page if u have custom fields that are highly relevant.

- 2-3 diffrent spots on the ad page. So u can have Address in 1 place, Listing and expire fields and a second, and the custom fields created for the ad in a third. THis will help alot on the look and usability.

7. Create a Membership pack with only Featured ads. This can be used for Companies so private ppl can get free ads and company can buy this Membership pack. It will increase revenue.

So i guess ill better stop now.. Im in the creation of a fairly huge Classified listing page in Denmark, and all theese functions will really increase the value of Classipress and the experience ppl will have with the system.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information