Thread: Need Urgent Help! Upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4

Thanks

Need Urgent Help! Upgrading from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me with my website www.taiwandeal.com I have been having major problems trying to update from 3.0.2 to 3.0.4 and I am getting worried that I will lose my site altogether if I keep trying to attempt it myself.

My site had been going for over a year now, and I love it. I have been running on 3.0.2 for a while, and everything is great. I am so pleased with the way the site is coming along. One of the important things I needed was the option to pay by bank transfer, and I was extremely pleased when I discovered that this option had been added to the 3.0.4 update.

Before I began the update I saved all code for plugins, and made sure everything was ready to go. I have a plan through Fat Cow host and they offer the service of 7 day backup and restore, so I figured if anything goes wrong I can contact them and restore to how it was. The first time I did the update everything seemed to go well. Obviously I had lost the header and needed to restore some files from previous, so I contacted Fat Cow and asked them to restore 2 files. The header.php and the style/teal.css. Two days later, and me constantly contacting them to do it, they finally emailed me and told me they had deleted all content of the classipress file and restored it with backed up content. As you could imagine, I was pretty pissed at them. I have no idea why they did this!

Then things started to go very wrong. I rolled back and started using version 2.0.2 again, and deleted the files on the server for 3.0.4. Then I noticed that when I changed the style in the setting section from teal to red (for example) it did not change on my site. It just remained as teal. I also tried restarting and clearing the cache, and I contacted a couple of friends and asked them to see also, and they informed me it was teal. Even stranger was that on my laptop it was teal, but on my desktop pc the changes were being made. It was red, or whatever I changed it to in settings. I even went to a local internet cafe and used a pc that had never been to Taiwan Deal, and even that was blue. I really could not figure this out, so I decided to ignore the problem and try the update again.

The second time I updated to 3.0.4 things looked ok, but the featured banner did not display any text under the photo. Also, whenever I tried to replace the header.php file and some css, nothing was changing. So I could not edit the way the site looked. Once again I rolled back to 3.0.2 and tried again.

The third time I tried seemed much better. Everything looked great. I managed to get my header back, edited the featured banner to the size I wanted and restored all my previous plugins and widgets. The site was looking great! Then, 4 hours later, after navigating through the site and everything fine, it suddenly went all blue with just numbers and parts of the posts being displayed. I assumed something had gone wrong with the css and maybe there was a clash with one of my plugins, so I slowly removed the plugins one by one, but the site was still the same, all blue.

I then rolled back once more to 3.0.2, but it was exactly the same! Just blue with numbers and posts. I contacted Fat Cow and asked them to restore the site from backup one week previously, but they told me they had made an error, and there was no files backed up! This is when I started to panic a little. I do have a previously saved backup on my pc from Jan, so it was not the end of the world.

I then rolled back to 3.0.1, and that seemed to be working fine. I currently have the site on 3.0.1, but hope someone could try to look into it for me, and maybe figure out how I can get it to 3.0.4 The only thing that seems to be going wrong with it at the moment in 3.0.1 is when I post something and go to the confirmation page it displays this at the top of the page, 'Warning: Missing argument 3 for cp_ad_listing_fee(), called in /hermes/web11s/b1088/moo.taiwandeal/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/form/step2.php on line 62 and defined in /hermes/web11s/b1088/moo.taiwandeal/wp-content/themes/classipress/includes/form/step-functions.php on line 448'
    But it still creates the post ok, and publishes it.

I would like to try to do the update myself again, but I am getting very worried that each time I do it, it seems to be making more and more problems, and I really don't want to lose my site! I have been trying to figure this out for over one week now, and feel exhausted from it. haha

I wondered if one of the administrators here could take a look at the backend for me, and see if they can figure out the problem. I am going to keep the site in 3.0.1 until further notice so that at least I know the site is up and running.

Hope someone can help.

Darren
    www.taiwandeal.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 3,266 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,395 Times in 3,266 Posts
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information