Thread: Unable to post an AD anymore, running latest version.

Thanks

Question Unable to post an AD anymore, running latest version.

* I see another has had this issue but there is no resolution to it. My site is now useless as nobody can post a new Ad, I need some help please *

I am running the latest Classipress version.
    When I log into my site (www.westlothianads.com) and click on Post an Ad, http://www.westlothianads.com/add-new/ opens.
    I have the option to select a category but then the second option doesn't appear, i.e sub category. Nobody can therefore submit an advert.

I have checked my permalinks and there currently set to Post name. I have tried to change them to custom name but when I click Save, it reverts back to Post Name. I have opened my .htaccess file and the correct lines are within the file. I check all permissions on the file and there fine but for double checking, I change the entire file to 777. I went back and changed to custom name, clicked save and same issue, it reverts to post name.

I renamed .htaccess and tried to create an Ad on my site. I got a 404. It created a new .htaccess which was blank. I tried changing to custom name, click save but same problem. I then opened up the new .htaccess file and inserted the lines as per the permalink settings screeen. I save the file and it accepted my changes. I then went back into WP and clicked to custom name, click save but nothing. I gave this new .htaccess file 777 to test, nothing has changed.

As it stands now, nobody can submit an ad to my site, please help. ALL plugins disabled right now and throughout the testing.
    Screenshot of permalinks screen attached.
    Capture.PNG

ClassiPress Version 3.1.7
    ClassiPress DB Version 1290
    WordPress Version 3.3.1
    PHP Version 5.2.17
    Server Software Apache
    Host = Hostgator

I'm using Firefox 10.0.2 to access wp-admin and my site. I have tried IE also, no joy.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,387 Times in 3,258 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information