Thread: Upgrade problem: missing ads

Thanks

Upgrade problem: missing ads

Hi there:

We've been using Classipress for a few years and recently upgraded. It's caused a few issues with missing ads and I hoped you could give some insight.

What I did in 2013 was modify the Classipress theme (rather than making a child theme, erroneously) so this prevented us from doing upgrades since we'd lose our modifications. But last month I created a child theme which would work with a newer version of Classipress as the parent.

After we swapped themes, it seemed like a lot of ads went missing. I didn't know if doing a 'jump' from an old version of Classipress to a new one — rather than a smoother upgrade — caused us to lose ads? I found several in the Drafts folder and marked them as published. But would you know where any others might have gone? Can ads just get lost or would they always be put into Drafts?

I haven't touch the Permalinks section since updating the site — would that have any effect?

There is another issue which happened where in the process of posting an ad, the user isn't asked to make their PayPal payment. I've double-checked the details in the Payments >Settings > PayPal section, as well as Classipress > Pricing section. The user just has their ad sent for moderation, even though in our settings we specified we didn't want to modify ads. How can we fix this?

Finally, is there any control over when someone reports an ad? Since our update we've had some users reporting ads and just marking their report as 'Other'. It'd be good if we could give them a bit more room to say what the issue is.

This is very urgent for us so I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, Russell

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 999 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 999 Posts

Thread Information