Thread: How to Filter Indeed Jobs

Thanks

How to Filter Indeed Jobs

I recently enabled the Indeed XML Feed within JobRoller to bring in jobs from Indeed.com according to keyword. I've setup queries as follows within the Integration section of the Admin...

PE Teacher|50|us|fulltime|pe-teacher
    Physical Education|50|us|fulltime|pe-teacher
    Health Teacher|50|us|fulltime|health-teacher
    Fitness Instructor|50|us|fulltime|fitness-instructor
    Basketball Coach|50|us|fulltime|basketball-coach

I'd like the user to only be able to find these entries when searching for the keywords that I've specified within the query. But for some reason, if a user searches for "waitress" or "construction worker" or any other key word not related to my Physical Education job board, it also pulls in those jobs as well.

So, is there a way to filter the sponsored jobs from Indeed so that the user will only see the job listings specific to the keyword queries that I've setup? Because otherwise, you have all kinds of other job listings that are totally unrelated to the professionals that you might be targeting. Also, it would be great to have some message that displays if a user searches for someone not related to the job board. For example, on my PE job board, if a user searched for "cattle rancher", and that query keyword was not setup by me the Admin, then instead of showing job listings for "fisherman", which has nothing to do with physical education, it would show a message that says something like, "I'm sorry, this job board only serves those who are in the Physical Education field." Just a suggestion I guess...

Also, on the front page of job roller, it would be great if the Indeed sponsored ads feed could be automatically displayed. Or, it would be great to at least have the option to Enable Indeed job listings to automatically show up on the front page. The reason why is because right now I currently have no one that has visited the site and posted a job listing, because I just uploaded the site. It says that there are no jobs, but then when you search for something related to physical education, it pulls in a bunch of jobs from Indeed. So, the user might think that there are no jobs at all on your site, when really there are a bunch of them... does that make sense?

You can view my job board at PE Jobs.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thread Information