Thread: Losing Jobs from our Site before the Expiry Date

Thanks

Losing Jobs from our Site before the Expiry Date

Hi There.

I've got a couple of urgent questions. For the last few months our site has been losing jobs daily at a rapid rate, expiring sometimes before the set expiry date of 42 days. Now of course we don't want expired jobs on the site, but I'd rather be in control of what is on there and what is not, not just have jobs "vanish" when they like. I've been told that the Indeed Feed acts like an RSS feed and hence deletes jobs when they're no longer active, but there seems to be some confusion over this. Several months ago, when I first started at this job, I found there were a number of expired jobs on our site, that were just sitting there, and after following them through to their original location, discovered they'd expired. So I would have to manually delete a lot of expired jobs. Now it seems as if Indeed itself is actively wiping out jobs or something. I'm the person in our organisation responsible for editing and posting the jobs, either from private listers or from the Indeed feed.

So what would be causing these positions to just "disappear" from the site? Is it Indeed itself deleting these things? The jobs from the Private Listers do not do this, they don't just "vanish" with for seemingly no reason.

Second question, if I modify some of the data in the edit window, for example, delete the job url link, or the actual indeed key number, will it prevent this? How is Indeed (if it is) actually pulling jobs off our site? How is it interacting with our site? What is the thing that allows it to do this?

And why is this happening "now?" as opposed to previously, when I'd have to follow the indeed link all the way back to the original job to find out if it was expired and then manually delete it from the system?

We are using Wordpress 3.3.1 and Jobroller version 1.4.2

As I said, I don't want expired jobs on the site, but at the same time, I'd like to be in control of what goes on and what comes off, rather than have stuff just "disappear."

Please help as this is an extremely frustrating problem and I've been trying to work around this issue for a while now. If your require any more information, let me know

thanks

Alex.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information