Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some issues with v1.1

Thanks

Some issues with v1.1

This forum should have a Sticky Post about JobRoller Known Issues for each release. This way developers and users (clients) could have an overview about troubles BEFORE try to correct them with hard-coding. You can see an example about what I mean here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/sh...4-Known-Issues

JobRoller 1.1 have lots of bugs in code. I cant understand why I'm buying something with so bad code implementation and developers don't see it BEFORE releasing. It's almost impossible upgrade from a previous release without doing it all over again. Good developers release Alfa's and Beta's so bugs could be identified, avoiding so many problems like I'm having now.

I could give you a long list about such problems but this isn't an "free opensource project", it's a paid one, and not a cheap one.

That said I'm reporting just a few I've spotted:

1. Translations don't work mainly because dynamic association is not connect with 'jr' but with 'cp'. I think 'cp' refers to ClassiPress, which I don't use and it's not related to JobRoller.

Also, it seems lot of code was made AFTER translation files with many untranslatable phrases. Take an example:

In *.po file we have "Below you will find a list of jobs you have previously posted. You may view, relist, or end listings from here. ". The reference points to tpl-myjobs.php:164 BUT should be line 163. In line 163 we ONLY HAVE "Below you will find a list of jobs you have previously posted. You may view" BECAUSE "relist" and "or end listings from here." are dynamic...

Same problem with tpl-profile.php and some others.

2. How many of you tried to put some ads in 125 Ads Sidebar? I took a lot of time trying to spot this one because I COULDN'T.

In theme-widgets.php file, line 26, you have '<ul class="ads">' but should be '<ul class="ad">'.

3. When I try to register (new user) with any empty field I get on top of my page http://127.0.0.1/media/?page_id=6 (local install) and all page breaks. Some of your clients reported this problem with no solutions from you till now. See thread http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...ist-a-new-user!

4. When some of my clients chose Lisboa from Google Maps it gets Lisboa but Ad shows Lisbon. Don't know why getting cities in native language and showing in Ads in English!

5. Not a bug but a huge illogical implementation is: why do clients can see and chose locations from Google Maps but Ads don't show it? Right now this solution is useless. Also I should be able to disable Google Maps and have the possibility to put whatever I want in location box (there are billions of places Google can't spot).

6. Problems with RSS Feeds "ERROR: rss2?post_type=job_listing is not a valid feed template.". This is causing some permalinks not working properly. Problem and HALF solution here: http://appthemes.com/forum/showthrea...ange-RSS-Issue

That's why this forum should have a Sticky Post about JobRoller Known Issues and Beta releases.

IMHO App Themes is developing to fast, with several projects at same time, forgetting about stability, client satisfaction and reliability. Your products are commercial and many of us are selling services trough them.

Your attitude should be more professional and cared. Please DON'T release anything BEFORE full testing and give your clients a full Log of Changes in each version.

Would be great and very welcome to implement something like this issue list: http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/issues/list.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information