Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joes

Thread: How to tell when a reported bug has been fixed?

Thanks

How to tell when a reported bug has been fixed?

Hi,

I've reported a couple of bugs recently, and had them verified as genuine bugs by Dimitris. The problem I have is that since then they have gone into a black hole. I have no idea if and when Appthemes plan to fix these bugs, and there seems to be no structure in place for announcing when a new dev build has been released or what that dev release fixes. How am I supposed to know whether a reported bug has been fixed if you don't tell me?

Am I missing something? Are you waiting for me to fix it myself and post the solution here? One of the bugs is, IMO, quite serious and a real problem for me, but it's also too complex for me to fix myself. I would really, really like someone to respond to say when a fix is likely, and how it will be announced, so that I can apply it when it does arrive.

The bug in question is that you can get multiple payment plans 'stuck' onto a listing with no way of getting rid of them, just by selecting a plan, moving forwards a page, then going back and selecting a new plan...

I had assumed that genuine bugs would have some kind of priority over other forum activity...and that genuine, verified-by-Appthemes bugs would be fixed pretty rapidly....

Also, the dev build states that it is generated nightly, but I have used WinMerge to compare several dev releases with the one I downloaded weeks ago, and there are no differences...again, am I missing something here?

Please at least reply to this post, even if it's not good news...

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    dimitris likes this.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,873 Times in 1,770 Posts

Thread Information