Thread: 3.0 Beta Software About to Go Out to Testers

Thanks

3.0 Beta Software About to Go Out to Testers

Yeah baby, can't wait.

Go beta testers, work it good and get those bugs OUT!
    [CENTER]

TreasureValleyBusiness.com

[/CENTER]

Amateur
    Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Re: 3.0 Beta Software About to Go Out to Testers

So if my calculations are correct 3.0 upgrade should be in everyones email sometime in the next 24 hours?

Thanks

What makes you think that?

Not a Verified Customer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi
    I can't give an exact date, but the original plan was for 3.0 to be tested for a couple of weeks before it is released (and this was hopefully by the end of this month). So it's very close.
    Since the release of ClassiPress 3.0 is due out in a matter of weeks (or less), this is the best and fastest way to resolve the issue rather than asking David to create another 2.9.x fix release because 3.0 is already created and being tested as we speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomark Osabel
    As far as I know, Classipress version 3.0 is expected to be released by the end of this month, January 2010..
    ^-- This was for Jan, but we get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by taylerj
    est was end of Dec or early 2010. Im guessing early 2010.
    Yay.

Thanks

Sure, I think we've all established that the original dates given last year and early this year were WAY too early, and shouldn't have even been mentioned as obviously it was way off. Obviously if it had never been mentioned at all that David was even working on 3.0, then no dates would have been expected, and it wouldn't have been an issue. Unfortunately it didn't happen this way, people were left angry and disappointed at the delays, apologies were made, but work continued on 3.0 nonetheless.

Moving along to the recent beta testing stage: On 12th March 3.0 beta was sent to a very small group of testers. Immediately there were bugs picked up that simply had to be resolved before testing could continue, so David cracked down on this and held off sending the beta out to further testers until these were resolved. On the 19th of March (a week later), 3.0 b1.1 was released to all selected testers and has been in testing since then with David fixing any obvious bugs along the way, as they are revealed. David indicated in recent communication that 3.0 is still set to be released this week, and despite the fact that people are now nitpicking about whether or not there are 1 or 2 days left in the month of March - I personally STILL am of the understanding that it will happen this week as I haven't heard otherwise.

All along the way, we receive constant questions regarding when 3.0 will be released, and I answer this to the best of my knowledge. I suspect most of you would rather hear the information that I know of than no response at all.

I hope this information helps some of you understand where it is at.

Thanks

Thanks pepsi, please tell David to take as long as he needs to get it right. It is easier said than done, however, a high quality finished product that took a little longer to bring to market than originally hoped for, is far better than offering a product "on time" that is unstable and unreliable.

Thanks for the update.

tbase

Sure, I think we've all established that the original dates given last year and early this year were WAY too early, and shouldn't have even been mentioned as obviously it was way off. Obviously if it had never been mentioned at all that David was even working on 3.0, then no dates would have been expected, and it wouldn't have been an issue. Unfortunately it didn't happen this way, people were left angry and disappointed at the delays, apologies were made, but work continued on 3.0 nonetheless.

Moving along to the recent beta testing stage: On 12th March 3.0 beta was sent to a very small group of testers. Immediately there were bugs picked up that simply had to be resolved before testing could continue, so David cracked down on this and held off sending the beta out to further testers until these were resolved. On the 19th of March (a week later), 3.0 b1.1 was released to all selected testers and has been in testing since then with David fixing any obvious bugs along the way, as they are revealed. David indicated in recent communication that 3.0 is still set to be released this week, and despite the fact that people are now nitpicking about whether or not there are 1 or 2 days left in the month of March - I personally STILL am of the understanding that it will happen this week as I haven't heard otherwise.

All along the way, we receive constant questions regarding when 3.0 will be released, and I answer this to the best of my knowledge. I suspect most of you would rather hear the information that I know of than no response at all.

I hope this information helps some of you understand where it is at.
    [CENTER]

TreasureValleyBusiness.com

[/CENTER]

Thread Information