Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Website

Thanks
    Yeah it works fine, so whats happening is that a user is created in both phpbb and wordpress and they are linked together. So when someone logs in, they are logged in to phpbb and then also logged in to wordperss with cookies etc. So when they visit the 2nd wordpress install its all good because the 2nd install is working off the database of the 1st wordpress install... the minor issues are that you need to get rid of the login, join from classipress or redirect them to the phpbb forum sign up form... its not a biggy... the other thing is that the two wordpress have there own themes that need modifying, so if you can your frontend theme you need to change your classipress installed theme to suit.... also navigation has to be added manually to the classipress theme to also match the frontend... they aren't major issues just a little annoying... also you need to install plugins seperately over the two wordpress installs, however since classipress is kinda like a shop there aren't alot of plugins needed... just the ad rotate at the top.... i'm just about to upgrade everything to the new domain to expand the website, so i've chosen to upgrade the wordpress to 3.05 then... and also upgrade teh phpbb forum to the latest copy.... its hard to upgrade websites when they are live and not get a number of error .... so to get back to the orginal question, yes facebook works well
    Classipress / Wordpress / Phpbb integration - Fishing Website
    My website and tv production company

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information