Thread: Horse classified site

Thanks

Horse classified site

Here is the link to my first Classipress site - Barrel Horse Classifieds - It's a moderately modified Classipress theme. I would have done more (such as custom fields and so forth) but I figured I should roll it out now and wait until 3.0 for the new features. Thots, questions, and suggestions are appreciated!
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

Re: Horse classified site

That looks great

Thanks

Looks great?
    When did you launch and how's the traffic so far?

Thanks

I launched on Sunday and traffic was pretty good until Tuesday when my entire site got HACKED! Might not have been classipress tho - there were tons of other things on the server. I suppose we'll never know?

So I had to rebuild the site and go back to the day it launched (which as you can see had about a half dozen ads already). I'm keeping my "free ads" model until 3.0 comes out.
    ~Ramsey

Thanks

Glad you 'got back on the horse'

Did you contact the host to see if anyone else was hacked? sometimes it is a server wide thing and the host has to do something about the server security.

I'm also eagerly awaiting the 3.0 release. I have a site fully designed but i'm not advertising. still waiting because i know the design will be out the window come release day.

Thanks

I was in the same boat. Release now and redesign for 3.0 or wait. I chose to release now, because an opportunity fell into my lap and I didn't want to waste anymore time on not getting the site exposure. Hopefully the upgrade will be easy. That's why I didn't do any major hacks - they all seem to be done for us in 3.0!

Yes, its a dedicated server that I share with a business associate, so fortunately the server guys were able to get everything fixed but they really can't track it down to the exact site. They narrowed it down to 3, they think, with one being my WP/CP site (this horse one) and the 2 others which I believe one is in a wordpress and the other is in a Joomla. They're checking the sites now to see if there's anything suspicious or open.
    ~Ramsey

Thread Information