Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass4Hire.com

Thanks
    Yep, that last part seems logical

Thanks
    Hey coldsnapz,
    I would suggest you to be a bit more customer (end user) centric, coz as I was going through your website it looks like every thing there is only for the people who pay to post their jobs. I assume you should think that the free users who come to your site looking for the jobs are the real customers who will ultimately keep our site alive. BTW, its just a suggestion.
    Post a Free Classified Ad at http://resellgalore.com.au
    My casual Blog http://scriptsandsolutions.com

Thanks
    I am slowly pushing more to the resume side, but its not-not present. It says its Free and advertises it on the front page, the banner on the side meets both aspects of the site.

Any suggestions though, much appreciated. Do you have an example of appealing to the job seeker?

Thanks
    I guess what resellgalore means is that the focus your website is not immediately obvious... It's making me think, and users (in my experience) don't like thinking.

A site whose intentions are immediately obvious is Find Jobs. Build a Better Career. Find Your Calling. | Monster.co.uk and of course my own (hehehehehe!!)

Thanks
    See that's where I need help I guess, because it looks extremely obvious to me. You have a search bar for jobs present at the top, a button to get started on the side, two columns with quick descriptions of services and call to action buttons, etc.

All of which seems to strengthen the standard jobroller theme of just a list and a button.

If its difficult to figure out though, thats a huge problem, but I dont see an obvious fix! Other than removing the static home page, but then your back to just a boring list.

Monster uses its front page to do the same thing, search bar at the top, action items below with descriptions. And actually, I find less call to action at Monster other than just searching for jobs. Harder to see what to do if you want to create something.

Thanks
    All of what I'm writing now is definitely not to dis (is that even a term the Americans use?!) you, it's quite simply my user experience.

I hear where you're coming from, and I fully appreciate it. Boring is one thing, and that is why I chose to edit my All Accounting Jobs website visually (I didn't like the colour scheme, and to a lesser extent the layout). BUT, there's also huge value in designing according to expectations... If I go to a website where I EXPECT to find jobs, I also EXPECT a list of jobs... I don't expect registering, or paying, or reading through some text to figure out where I need to click to find that list.

In terms of your Freelance, Part Time, Temp menu items at the top: Your website is using high contrast colours in quite a few areas which means the users eyes doesn't quite know where to focus... which means that where you WANT them to focus, is usually not happening. Personally, I think the menu items get a bit lost as the colour variation between background and menu item is not enough

As for text on your homepage - everything is in bold, which makes it hard to quick find out what's important and what's not

Thanks
    No dis at all! Much appreciated. Just having difficulty finding the solutions is all. The color scheme is just the standard built in one.

I will play around on the homepage some more, one of which is to just increase the text size instead of applying h# attributes (which bolds them).

I created the static page because I had no jobs on the site, besides my own 2, so to me that would be a major turn off for someone looking to post a job or a resume. It looks like nothings going on. So I thought it would be good to first show people a starter page with a search box so they can begin, but also some marketing points for both sides of the site.

Ugh lol

Thanks
    Also Spain? My IP it is from Spain

Quote Originally Posted by koldsnapz View Post
    hmm, I can individually select the countries to block which is nice. Mainly Russia, China, and Japan are my major concerns.

But also, note, that the purpose of this site is to keep everything local. So New England Jobs for New England residents. I made this because I was sick of places like Elance.com which you were useless because of so much outsourcing. People posted web design jobs for a complete company website and with a budget of $150! Why? Because someone in Asia is offering to charge only $2/hour... So you really have no chance.

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Thanks
    Your allowed lol. Currently I just took off Russia, Korea, China, and Japan.

Thanks
    I finally see it... Nice one...
    Best of luck!

r u b e n c i o . c o m

Since 2010 providing AppThemes solutions,
    Plugins and the best childthemes...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information