Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tuffclassified.com Running over 110000+ listings successfully

Thanks
    High performance and low cpu usage with Percona XtraDb server compared to normal MySql Server. You can check more at mysqlperformanceblog.com

Thanks
    Just reading through this and would like to say well done regarding the traffic throughput.

I am impressed with some of the features you have implemented so far but have to be honest and say that aesthetically the website is very drab.

If I had a classified website like this for UK users I could guarantee the bounce rate would be pretty high.
    Through experience UK users don't like websites with tons of sponsored adverts.

Also. The revenue made by many webmasters hosting free membership sites also using Ad-sense and PPC is dropping all the time, so this alone for future reference will not be enough to sustain the costs associated with running a classified site without paying members.

I don't want to sound disrespectful in any way but have you ever used any form of click-jacking script on your site?

For a site with quite a lot of throughput and amount of time established I would have expected your share stats to be a lot higher than they actually are.

The twitter stats at 100k and Facebook likes at 37 seem odd by comparison.

For example - Net tuts for example by comparison (A very high traffic website)
    RSS Subscribers 99,743
    Twitter Followers 50,953
    Facebook Fans 33,716

See what I mean?

Anyway by no means am I trying to discredit your efforts. I just find your results interesting.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks
    He probably focusing more on twitter than facebook. It's quite easy to jack your numbers up on twitter

Thanks
    @bleem

Thanks for your feedback.
    But you are comparing a website with alexa rank of 611 with a site which have alexa rank approx 49000 currently.
    No i never used any such script, those facebook likes are only for current single page only, if you browse other pages you will see different amount of likes. I don't know that ad-sense is working or not working for you but i am earning good amount of money with adsense. Though i agree with you that too much advert distract visitors but it is the only hassle-free way to earn money with my site. I will keep your suggestions.

Thanks
    Hi Navv,

You have a very nice website, did you use a plugin or custom code for the email subscribe option?
    To be updated...

P.S Chive On!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by navjottomer View Post
    This is Wibiya toolbar. Create it your's at Free Web Toolbar | Wibiya
    You do realise that Wibya has a massive negative impact on your site in terms of load speed? I found a 300% difference in load speed with wibya disabled, I know this is an old thread but wibya has about 200 items to load on each page load, its a server's nightmare!! Not very good code at all, our rankings and alexa rank have improved too as a nice side effect.

If you want some advice on adsense, use text based adverts only, spend an hour filtering out low paying advertisers and don't use vertical adverts, your adsense earnings will increase. Google uses 3rd party advertisers, go through the whole list and filter out any (block) that have an alexa rank of above 100,000. Above that, they are likely to be low payers. When I first did it our CPM doubled and has not gone down since.

With regards to image adverts, users are now kind of used to seeing them so become "blind" to them, so try a few months with text ads only, using the same font colour and background to the site, I guarantee you will see an improvement.

I agree with all the others, the site looks a bit drab but seems to pull in the numbers so maybe people don't care.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickcollins View Post
    You do realise that Wibya has a massive negative impact on your site in terms of load speed? I found a 300% difference in load speed with wibya disabled, I know this is an old thread but wibya has about 200 items to load on each page load, its a server's nightmare!! Not very good code at all, our rankings and alexa rank have improved too as a nice side effect.

If you want some advice on adsense, use text based adverts only, spend an hour filtering out low paying advertisers and don't use vertical adverts, your adsense earnings will increase. Google uses 3rd party advertisers, go through the whole list and filter out any (block) that have an alexa rank of above 100,000. Above that, they are likely to be low payers. When I first did it our CPM doubled and has not gone down since.

With regards to image adverts, users are now kind of used to seeing them so become "blind" to them, so try a few months with text ads only, using the same font colour and background to the site, I guarantee you will see an improvement.

I agree with all the others, the site looks a bit drab but seems to pull in the numbers so maybe people don't care.
    No, I have removed wibiya toolbar because of aesthetics I need for tuffclassified.com. Wibiya toolbar is a very nice product and will not hinder your webpage performance that much. It will load so called 200 items after loading your page through a cdn.
    As far as your adsense suggestions concern, i would like to thank you for that but according to google, 'text+image' is the best option for any adsense ad. Because by disabling some types of ads your are decreasing the competition for your targeted inventory same for the ads filtering. Ads with higher cpc/cpm will be shown first.

I have defined this look on our visitors suggestions and they have appreciated it (Mostly, but everyone have different taste). I know nothing is perfect and tuffclassified.com too so always share your suggestions and tips, I highly need those for making tuffclassified.com better.

Regards
    Navjot Tomer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by navjottomer View Post
    No, I have removed wibiya toolbar because of aesthetics I need for tuffclassified.com. Wibiya toolbar is a very nice product and will not hinder your webpage performance that much. It will load so called 200 items after loading your page through a cdn. I know wibiya is a very good toolbar and is a decent product, but the way it slows down the site is amazing. We have a dedicated server and we saw a massive improvement in load speeds when it was turned off. I see you no longer have it anyway, I replied to an old post.
    As far as your adsense suggestions concern, i would like to thank you for that but according to google, 'text+image' is the best option for any adsense ad. Because by disabling some types of ads your are decreasing the competition for your targeted inventory same for the ads filtering. Ads with higher cpc/cpm will be shown first.
    [BI have been running adsense campaigns for many years now, believe me when I say not to listen to "what google wants". Of course they want you to use the image adverts and ALL of the 3rd party adverts, because it means more revenue for them and more choice for their advertisers. But if you really want to improve earnings, put it on text only and go through the 3rd party list and ONLY enable companies with a 100,000 alexa rank or less. I guarantee you that within a month, your earnings will increase. In fact, I would bet £100 on it.[/B]
    I have defined this look on our visitors suggestions and they have appreciated it (Mostly, but everyone have different taste). I know nothing is perfect and tuffclassified.com too so always share your suggestions and tips, I highly need those for making tuffclassified.com better.I'm not saying it looks horrible, it just could look a little better in terms of variation. But as I said, if it functions well and users like it - thats the main thing!

Regards
    Navjot Tomer
    Answers above in bold. If your adsense earnings drop by a massive amount after your changes, send me the difference as a bill. I'm that confident in what I do works. People are used to seeing image adverts, especially adsense ones. So the best way is to pick the same font, same font colour, same link colour as your website and the same background colour, using text adverts only and the adverts blend in with the site, causing more clicks because people get curious. It does not scream "Hey look at me, I'm a big image banner advert". I usually charge people to do adsense campaigns for them to improve their adsense revenue but when I saw your site I thought I would offer some free advice because you have so much potential to earn a LOT of money with it. The best advert format are the smaller advert formats too. Also consider using a link unit somewhere, they can be hit and miss but its worth trying as if they work on a site, they are very successful. These techniques are usually better with blogs because people are engaged with the content. But they work on most sites too.

Good luck

Thanks
    I've also done some testing on this (though my testing is not totally exhaustive and results can vary ).
    Look at it this way - Google does not make a quazillion dollars a day by showing ads that don't get clicked on. They have some very clever algorithms which (almost always) show whatever will make them (and you in this case) as much money as possible.
    So I contend - that you can spend a hell of a lot of time messing around with the settings - but 99% of the time you are better leaving them at default and letting Google decide what works best...

Thanks
    hi navjottomer ,
    your site is improving... nice.
    so are you still using Classipress ? or its some other script. from your website footer there is link for old ads which points to your old site and which is classipress for sure. but this one new one looks different.
    --------------------------------------
    UAE Autos Classified Powered by ClassiPress
    India's mobile phones Classified Powered by ClassiPress 3.1
    PAK Free Classifieds (Next Project) Powered by ClassiPress

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information