Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: USA Classified

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by barukar View Post
    You can solve this problem by placing all new ads for approval, so you have control of what is published on the site. In addition to the control, you will improve your site content and will spend less time searching for inappropriate ads.
    Thanks Barukar. I guess I have to do it because some visitors don't understand the nature of search engines and they keep on posting duplicate ads. Putting things under approval is a good idea.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tigress4 View Post
    Looks like the OP has a busy website. It takes time and effort to get sites ranked high on Google and even bringing traffic to your website, so great job!
    As for spammers posting multiple listings, have all ads set as "pending" - that way you can view ads in your dashboard before they go live. Look under settings>listings>new ad status.
    For the design, I like your strategy of first bringing customers to the site to generate revenue and then using that rev. from the site itself to upgrade design. Many of us get stuck in the design phase and never get to actual marketing. So great strategy! Do keep us updated on your site's progress...
    Thanks Tigress4. I will surely keep things updated. Also I got a page rank of 2 today from 0. Google updated its PR toolbar.

Thanks
    Looks like the OP has a busy website. It takes time and effort to get sites ranked high on Google and even bringing traffic to your website, so great job!
    As for spammers posting multiple listings, have all ads set as "pending" - that way you can view ads in your dashboard before they go live. Look under settings>listings>new ad status.
    For the design, I like your strategy of first bringing customers to the site to generate revenue and then using that rev. from the site itself to upgrade design. Many of us get stuck in the design phase and never get to actual marketing. So great strategy! Do keep us updated on your site's progress...
    @Tigress4 Kinds Regards

Thanks
    In fact, what would probably be a good addition to CP, is to have some form of selecting which users need to have their ads approved and which can post without approval.

Something like this:
    All new users would have level 0 and all their ads would need approval, but after some time the admin could promote some users to level 1 so that they can post their ads without approval. If anyone misbehaves, they are sent back to level 0.
    The promotion could be manual, or automated, say after posting N ads without problem, or 30 days after registering....
    Just an idea, but it might work
    Free classifieds site using Classipress in Portuguese - Boas-oportunidades;
    House rentals in Portugal - Arrenda PT; House rentals in Brazil - Arrenda BR.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to areis For This Useful Post:

panks7077 (July 1st, 2011), patrick6411 (September 25th, 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by areis View Post
    In fact, what would probably be a good addition to CP, is to have some form of selecting which users need to have their ads approved and which can post without approval.

Something like this:
    All new users would have level 0 and all their ads would need approval, but after some time the admin could promote some users to level 1 so that they can post their ads without approval. If anyone misbehaves, they are sent back to level 0.
    The promotion could be manual, or automated, say after posting N ads without problem, or 30 days after registering....

Really a nice idea . Appthemes should think of such feature.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by areis View Post

Something like this:
    You may try requesting for this at the Ideas Page AppThemes Ideas Exchange.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    Personally, I'd remove the social media widget from the top bar. For a new site, these will generally register '0' as yours does which doesn't really look all that cool. I'd put a Google ad in its place and another one in the footer and drop the sort of ugly ones sitting in the main body. I'd especially drop the two link list ads below the main 728 X 90 ad if nothing else.

You aren't all wrong about designing the perfect looking site. With this and a competitors software package that I also use, many people (including me - to some degree, maybe) work to design good looking sites that are used little. Some plain sites do very well. Craigs List and, arguably ebay too, are plain sites that do sorta work. That said, you have a lot of SPAM ads that at best don't interest many a whole lot. There are some excellent posts regarding SPAM packages that are available through WordPress that have eliminated almost all of those post for me. Sadly, that means most posts are eliminated but that's actually good! Just do a search here on this forum and you'll find many excellent links to the best WP 'plug and play' SPAM reduction packages.

Good Luck!
    Jon Hall

ClassiPress:
    http://www.73.biz
    Vantage:
    http://www.Greene.US

9. The Following User Says Thank You to radioz For This Useful Post:

panks7077 (August 18th, 2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by panks7077 View Post
    Thanks Tigress4. I will surely keep things updated. Also I got a page rank of 2 today from 0. Google updated its PR toolbar.
    and your Alexa Traffic Rank is 150,696. Good luck!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to opacity101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    If you are getting traffic and it is growing day by day, then you are on the right path.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to navjottomer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by navjottomer View Post
    If you are getting traffic and it is growing day by day, then you are on the right path.
    Yup, maybe it is plain and simple, but is working. Which proves sometimes simple is good enough
    ContractorTop.com - Find Local Contractors for Your Home Improvement and Remodeling. "Get it Done!"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bestusads For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information