Thread: Employer response to Application Email is received by site admin instead of employer

Thanks

Employer response to Application Email is received by site admin instead of employer

Hi Spartac,

So I just noticed the theme brands the emails with the domain name instead of the Wordpress default. This is an awesome feature, and one that Appthemes should have built into the default Jobroller. But I'm running into one small hiccup.

Here's 3 user examples and their emails:

bill@example.com (site admin email)

joblister@examplecompany.com (employer - job lister)

tom@examplejobseeker.com (job seeker - applicant)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so our Job lister puts a job on the website, and the applicant then applies. the employer receives the application, branded with the domain name instead of Wordpress (great!), now the employer responds to the application email from the jobseeker with further instructions, like fill out an application etc. the problem i'm running into, is when the employer replies to the application email, the reply goes to the site admin and not the job seeker. i've received half a dozen responses from employers responding to applicants this way.

I've also tested this with a job lister account and a job seeker account on my test domain. In the past, before I purchased Simplux, I tried using a MailFrom plugin to brand the emails, but they cause the same problem with email routing when the employer tries to respond to the applicant. They brand the emails, which is great, but when the employer responds to the application, because of this branding, it gets routed to the website admin email instead of the applicants email.

What the email path should be:
    job applicant email goes to employer ----> employer response to job application email goes to job applicant ----> job applicant receives employer response

What the email path is currently doing:
    job applicant email goes to employer ----> employer response goes to site admin email ----> website admin receives response from employer, job applicant does not ----> site admin then forwards employers response email to job applicant.

I do use Google Apps for email and just general gmail addresses on my test site. Please let me know if you can replicate this. Thank you.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.
    Before you send any PM , Please read These rules .

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    Do you need high-quality content for your Website? For a significantly reduced price? Try aicontently.com

We answer the questions in threads as fast as the private messages, So do not send support questions via private message. Use the forum instead and open a new thread for every issue.

Thanks

Thanks

Thread Information