Thread: Is it possible to have Featured Ads show with only 1 Featured Ad?

Thanks

Is it possible to have Featured Ads show with only 1 Featured Ad?

I was wondering if it is possible to have the featured ad part of this theme display a minimum of one ad?

Here is the problem, you start the site and offer featured ads at X price. If you only have one or 2 people buy a featured ad for a particular category it won't show their ad - this is an issue as anytime you have less than the 4 ad minimum the other 3 paid ads won't show.

How are featured ads rotated? It will be critical to advertisers that they get an equal percentage of views - in other words ads are rotated in order based on page views. If they are displayed based on date added e.g. most recent first, then one ad will get all the views and others none (I should say the first 4 as this is the default on the homepage).

In addition, if a person has a large number of categories - say 30 as an example, you would need a minimum of 120 "Paid" feature ads for this feature to show for each category. Have featured ads based on a category would drastically increase the number of paid ads a person could charge for and overall revenue.

That said, are featured ads category based (say the parent category) or site wide? It would be best if they were optional, e.g. higher price for home page featured ad. A lower price for category based featured ads. Also, if a person buys a homepage featured ad and no ads have been purchased for a category, make it default to show ads from homepage featured ads when no others are available (will help make the site look more robust). In addition, if home page ads are more money, allow the user to choose a single ad category in addition to homepage so their ad shows up on the category related to their product.

Is it not possible to change up how featured ads are displayed e.g.:

If only one ad, show an image with some of the ad text to the right
    If 2 ads - same as one
    If 3 or 4 ads, show as is in the current theme.

Just some thoughts and questions.

I know this would be a lot to add to the CP theme, but if this was an add on plugin for say $19 - I'd buy it as long as it had all these features (maybe some I haven't thought about)

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!
    $function ('CUSTOMIZATION'); } else { .DESIGN { display: awesome; }
    If you require any additional functionality or design customization, just ask. Afterall... anything is possible! However, I may not know how to implement your particular request, but if you don't ask, you don't get

If you build it, they will come...

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    $function ('CUSTOMIZATION'); } else { .DESIGN { display: awesome; }
    If you require any additional functionality or design customization, just ask. Afterall... anything is possible! However, I may not know how to implement your particular request, but if you don't ask, you don't get

If you build it, they will come...

Thread Information