translating SimplyResponsive child theme in Multisite installation
I want to translate various strings (text) throughout my site. For example, I want the "Post an Ad" button to say "Foo" (not really, but for the sake of this discussion).
Here is my setup:
- Server is local WAMP server (PHP's get_text extension is enabled)
- WordPress is in multisite mode
- WordPress version is 3.7.1 (not modified)
- ClassiPress version is 3.3.1 (not modified)
- SimplyResponsive version is 1.3.1 (not modified)
- SimplyResponsive is running on the sub-sites (i.e. not the main site)
Here are the files/code I've messed with:
- wp-config.php says: define('WPLANG', 'en_US');
- I have a classipress.mo file in wp-content\themes\simply-responsive-cp. I generated this file by renaming the classipress.pot file included with the SimplyResponsive child theme, to classipress.po; opening it with PoEdit, translating "Post an Ad" to "Foo", validating it*, then saving the file (generating the .mo file).
* when I first validated the .po file in PoEdit, PoEdit complained about multiple definitions of two strings: "Popular" and "Latest Ads". I commented one instance of each of those strings out in the .po file.
Here is the result:
The "Post an Ad" button still says "Post an Ad" (the translation did not take effect).
What did I do wrong? (I have tried renaming the .mo file to classipress-en_US.mo
, and to en_US.mo
, with no change in the result). How can I translate the child theme in my multisite environment?
I don't have any admin credentials to share as I develop on a local WAMP server.