Thread: Change listing format - big potential benefit

Thanks

Change listing format - big potential benefit

I've found a major benefit from changing the format of the single listing and the listing pages.

I converted my site from a DIY directory - and when I did, I noticed a rise in bounce rate, a drop in the number of visitors looking at profiles, and a big drop in enquiries. I was blaming it on some SEO problems with Vantage, but now I don't think that's the case. The problem is the layout.

On Vantage, people don't have to click through to the listing. They can look at their search result, see who's nearest and read the phone number straight off the excerpt. It's unlikely they'll tell the business where they found the number! I've now removed the phone number so the reader has to visit the profile to get it - which means I can now tell listing owners that their profile is being visited more often.

On my old site, the profiles started with the description and photos, followed by a "contact" button and finally, website/phone information. The contact button sent the email to me - and there were a lot of enquiries.
    When I switched to Vantage, most of the profiles still belonged to me - but the emails virtually stopped. I'm sure that's because people can follow the link to the website, or call the phone number, before they get to the Contact button - which means, again, the listing owner never knows where that referral came from, and therefore doesn't see the true value of their listing.

I've now swapped the order around, and I'm starting to get emails again.

http://bellydanceoz.com/profile/ameras-palace/

I don't think this rearrangement is too annoying for readers and the point is, it makes my stats look a lot better - and makes it more likely my listing owners will know their referrals are coming from me, which makes it more likely they'll renew.

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks
    You must be an AppThemes customer and logged in to view this response. Join today!

Thanks

Thread Information