Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error message at Sign up page

Thanks
    Samcy,

It's not a plugin that is causing this. It's the wordpress multisite feature! After activating this feature, the problem started to happen. Even checking many comments about the problem, I'm not sure if it should not be interpreted as a major problem.

My users claim about this! Because most os my users try to input uppercase letters, because they sign up at my site using their company's login. The error message it's not helpfull either. So, all the time they send emails saying that they can't understand what's going on whem this error occurrs in this sign up process. It should be transparent for users!

What's confusing me, is that the error happens in the classipress php source code and if it can really be fixed by a plugin. Why wordpress' guys didn't fixed that? So, it's not so clear. I avoid using so many plugins, because every time I need to upgrade wordpress/classipress, I only can do if all the plugins have compatibility.

I created another thread, related to the same problem, in another forum and Bleem it's trying to warn us about this.

Bleem,

Do you understand my concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by samcy View Post
    Which plugin was causing this? Maybe it will be good to know for others with the same problem.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Hi andreuerj,

Sorry, i have overseen that you are talking about a Wordpress network and of course I did my test only on a single install. And because of not reading the posts well, i thought that bleem found an issue with a plugin. That's why i asked him "which plugin was causing this?" So forget my above test and post.

Again: Sorry for that.

And now again, but this time with better reading the post:

Quote Originally Posted by andreuerj View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think it started happening after upgrading Wordpress to multisite (WPMU).
    WordPress restricts your users in a network installation to use lowercase letters and numbers. ClassiPress just informs you that illegal characters are in use and displays that error message. So this can not be changed by ClassiPress. You may use a plugin that overrides those WordPress restrictions.

I'm moving this thread to the "WordPress General Discussions" area for community based support.

Cheers
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    Anyway, I installed the plugin "Advanced Custom Fields for ClassiPress" and all is working fine now.
    See my other thread guiding the instalation: http://forums.appthemes.com/advanced...up-page-54667/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    Are you sure that the "Advanced Custom Fields for ClassiPress" plugin made this happen?
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information