Thread: Helping you stopping spam - Can you help us?

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

Helping you stopping spam - Can you help us?

Since someone us scanning this forum for classifieds sites we want to stop them before they enter your site.

They are pretty easy to spot since they all have a number or similar in the subject or advert. We will keep a updated list here

http://www.thailandcash.com/blog/stop-spam/

For anybody that want to block these users posting in your site. They use the same username all the time and stopping the username will make it more difficult for them to spam you. If you for example search on any of these username you will see the spam on not only my site and they also give you bad Google value since the ads are same or similar.

If you have a list of names please feel free to post them here and we will publish them on our site as well.

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    With respect it is the IP address that needs to be blocked. What's in a name? I suggest nothing or very little at best. I have looked at the IP addresses of a number of these spammers and according to project honeypot they have extensive repeat offending histories. There also appears to be a ring operating with access to many IP addresses. In my case this led to me reluctantly banning the country of Pakistan.

Thanks
    Banner usernames make it more difficult for them since they get pad by the name or number so they need to change name. Sure i am blocking the IP as well but they not only using Pakistan IP on my site. This thread is not to talk about this issue if you do not want to take my advice or have another approach no problem with me.

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    Hi,

Check the following information http://forums.appthemes.com/spam-fake-users-19936/

Hope this information helps you.

Thanks
    Are you just posting for fun? I am saying the exact same thing in my post i am not asking for help in that way.

Thanks
    It will be good if the particular IP address is blocked ,please contact your service provider

Thanks
    If you do not read the total post please do not answer.

Thread Information