Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: ClassiAlerts Plugin - Send Daily, Weekly or Monthly Alerts from ClassiPress

Thanks
    I have only 2 categories in my classiestate theme: For sale and For rent.
    So the subscriber will receive too many ads out of his interest. Most likely they are interested to receive listings for a specific property type and from a specific region.
    Is there a way to include zip code and/or city and/or property type in the alert form?
    Perhaps custom taxonomies are a posible solution?

Thanks
    Hi there, lets help everyone out all at once.

First lets review how the plugin works:

Here's how the plugin works and quite simple. Class-alerts only does one thing: It records whatever the user has already searched for. That it does.

What to do? You must first decide which default and custom fields will be entered in your "Refine Search" Sidebar. See documentation for set up. Also, do not use more than nine fields in total. The theme has limitations regarding its methodology in DB queries.

Once you have set up all your custom fields and selections with each. You are ready for testing the Class-alerts plugin. I highly recommend you use drop down sections in all your custom fields, you want to be displayed in your Refine Search Sidebar. This limits the data strings being queried in the DB. The shorter the faster the returns to your user's browser for results.

Testing: Go to a category. You will see your Refine Search Sidebar. *You must elect to have this feature displayed. See documentation for options.
    Refine any search you like, it does not matter and you only have to select one field to change. Click Search.

You will now see most likely, "No results found." Or you may see listings which matched your search. You will now also see the Email Alerts Plugin. Click the subscribe button and follow the instructions. (Enter your email address). When you review your email just sent to you from your site, you will see the subscription is detailing exactly what you entered in the Refine Search Sidebar.

Now when you actually submit a new ad, as per any of those selections in your email. And the same ones selected in your Refine Search Sidebar, then you will see the magic of the Class-alerts Plugin. Depending on what you set for your CRON schedule for this Classi-alerts plugin, it will now "alert" you via email of the new ad posted.

Bgod: How do make this work for zip codes, rent or sale ads, ect?

You select these default fields to be in your Refine Search Sidebar Module. See documentation for implementation. You will need to create a custom field , maybe call it "Listing Type:" Create two selections for this field. For Sale, and For Rent. Now when ads are submitted, make sure you make this field "Required." Again, check documentation for creating "Custom Fields." Now when a user fills out a ad submission form, they will select either one. You will use this same custom field when setting up your Refine Search Sidebar Module in the backend settings of Classipress.

Do the same for default fields already present in the backend under "Custom Fields Sub-Panel Settings." These will be city, states, and country. For zip codes, you may have to use a text box in your refine search. If true, limit the number of characters and if numerical in the settings of this custom filed. Again, check documentation for creating "Custom Fields." Okay, you're all set bgod.
    When in doubt: Read, Ask, Do. G+

Thanks
    Bonus:
    USE "ALERTS5" to get a $5 discount, only for ClassiPress users!

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hi there,

Sorry the coupon code expired ages ago. You may however take advantage of the holiday season discount code available via the site blog.

Regards,
    Mohsin
    Quote Originally Posted by bgod View Post
    Bonus:
    USE "ALERTS5" to get a $5 discount, only for ClassiPress users!

- - - Updated - - -

@seoagent, thanks a lot for stepping in again! I could not have been more thorough with my explanation.
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Thank you very much indeed for this very clear explanation!
    Even a nitwit as I am can understand

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mohsinoffline View Post
    Hi there,

Sorry the coupon code expired ages ago. You may however take advantage of the holiday season discount code available via the site blog.
    Ok great. Thanks!

Thanks
    Hello, everyone
    Send Periodic Ad Alerts plugin is a very nice work of mohsinoffline. I have bought it some time ago and it works fantastic.
    But, there at lest 2 questions that mohsinoffline has not responded yet. One of them is how to disable capital letters in the box with call to action.
    Second one is a a question that interest a lot of clients those bought this plugin but they bought another very good plugin, Advanced Search Premium for Classipress. Question is how to work together ClassiAlerts with Advanced Search Premium for Classipress? I think answer to this question will increase selling for both of them authors. What do you think?

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by marcellino View Post
    One of them is how to disable capital letters in the box with call to action.
    Pay attention, because there will be a test on Friday,lol!

Locate in the plugin folder: classialerts_style.css
    Open it in a html editor. Go to Line 3. Change text-transform: uppercase; to the below, none; then save and upload. Ta Daaa!(music)

Code:
    #classialerts_container p#cta_desc.note #category_subscribe {
        float:right;
        margin-left:10px;
        margin-top:20px;
        font-size:14px;
        text-transform:none;
        padding:3px 10px;
    ..how to work together ClassiAlerts with Advanced Search Premium for Classipress?
    Please review this post. This will explain what Classi-Alerts will only do and how it works. http://apts.es/11axtKc
    When in doubt: Read, Ask, Do. G+

Thanks
    Tk, seoagent. Right code for disable the capital letters in the call to action box, here:

#classialerts_container p#cta_desc.note #category_subscribe {
    float:right;
    margin-left:10px;
    margin-top:20px;
    font-size:14px;
    text-transform:none;
    padding:3px 10px;
    }
    #classialerts_container p#cta_desc.note {
    margin:0;
    text-transform: none;
    }
    .shadowblock ul.refine{position:relative;}
    #cboxWrapper { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#4F4F4F; font-size:12px; }
    #category_subscribe_frm label { line-height: 30px; min-width: 65px; float: left; font-weight: bold;}
    #category_subscription_frm blockquote{color:#777; font-style:italic; margin:1em 5px; padding-left:50px; font-size:14px; line-height:20px; font-weight:bold; background:transparent url(quote_icon.png) no-repeat; }

#category_subscribe_frm {background-color: #FFFFFF; border: none; text-align: left; z-index: 1001;}

Thanks
    Mohsinoffline, pls give me a solution: in my website, Classialerts appears in two places. I don't understand why. I disabled all pluging, but problem persists. I am working on localhost, wordpress 3.5 and classipress 3.2.1. Pls help me. See atached picture:
    Untitled.jpg

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's probably because you have the appthemes_before_loop() function running twice in your template. Please can you make sure it only appears once in your code?
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information