Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay listings on your ClassiPress website

Thanks
    Hey Grumpy. Congrats on getting accepted into Ebay Partner Network (EPN). I know that "consignor" is also considering obtaining EPN approval. It's been many years since I got mine. Did you find the process easy?

As far as retrieving vehicles by year from eBay motors, this shouldn't be a problem as long as the eBay seller has stated the year within the title and/or description. The Auction2Press search function can look at both the title and description when retrieving items. If you wanna give me some search parameters to try out, I'm quite happy to setup something for you on another test site in order for you to have a look at and maybe have a peek under the hood.

Both eBay ads and "Classified" ads will co-mingle within the same categories....not a problem. The trick is to ensure that you comply with EPN's Terms of Service by making sure that the eBay ads are clearly identified. I can help you with this.

If you wanna have a look at the last page of my test site - http://findproductreviews.net/ads/page/14/ you'll see two test Classified ads and how they present when an item is marked as sold or the ad has expired. I've tried to ensure that the standard Classified ads operate as normal.... with a couple of improvements

When an eBay ad expires you'll see that the two eBay roverlinks on the single-ad listing page are "deactivated" as we don't want people clicking through to expired auctions....a big no no! At the same time, an Amazon banner replaces the bottom link. This can be replaced with Google Adsense or most other affiliate links.

While you're at it, take a look at the Map,Contact & Poster tabs in the sidebar for both eBay and Classified ads. You'll note that the Contact tab has been removed for eBay ads for obvious reasons. All three tabs remain for Classified ads and can be changed around if you like (eg. Contact first).

Feel free to ask further questions.

Cheers

Thanks
    Thanks appouser, I will contact you in the New Year, as my go to person is out of the country until January. This looks as if it is exactly what I need, I'll have her look at it when she returns. Thanks
    Grumpy.

Thanks
    No worries Grumpy. Btw, you will need to upgrade your Classipress version (3.1.6) to the current version 3.2. Catch up with you in the New Year.

Cheers
    Appouser
    Check out my Classipress eBay demo site here - http://classipress.beetleclassic.com

Thanks
    The thread has been moved to WordPress Plugin Exchange
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Projects: ClassiNoiva - Classimóveis - vocênoenem - i50 - Clube DETRAN

Thanks
    appouser
    Grumpy here. Is there a way to limit the posting location? My site is limited to Canadian listings only, but I cannot limit the search to only Canada. The distance to postal code will not work for me as some US locations are closer than some Canadian listings. Help.
    Grumpy.

Thanks
    Hi Grumpy. I see you've also made a post on the http://zixby.com/forum. I've posted a reply there.

Let's deal with it over there as it relates to the auction2press plugin.

Cheers

Appouser
    Check out my Classipress eBay demo site here - http://classipress.beetleclassic.com

Thanks
    Looking good, I remember when I help radio first setup the a2p plugin! I wish I didn't have so much spending right now, I'd for sure go for the auction2press theme!
    Anthony Luth - Blogger/Web Designer
    Facebook - Twitter - LinkedIn

Thanks
    I've recently upgraded the CP themepack and child theme for compatibility with Classipress 3.2.1 which is now running on the demo site - http://findproductreviews.net.

This latest update includes additional modifications (to both CP and auction2press files) to deal with the Classipress/Wordpress Featured "Sticky" function.

Occasionally, people will want to manually feature eBay ads due to not having sufficient numbers of paid Featured Classipress ads to populate the slider. To date, the problem has been overlooking expired eBay ads remaining in the slider....and, it can be a real pain having to scroll through the ads in your Admin panel trying to locate the ads and "unstick" them.

My latest mods now ensure that all featured eBay ads become "unstuck" automatically, upon expiry. A big time saver indeed!

Further, I've create a filter for the index page which ensures that no expired ad will ever appear on the Home page. However, this shouldn't be a problem if you're adding new/fresh ads on a regular basis.

The next issue I'll be looking at is how to address the expired eBay ads when searching/sorting.

Thanks
    Wondering if this works for multiple ebay locations US, Germany?

Thanks
    Hi aharward,

It works for all of the Ebay Partner Network Program countries ( United States, Canada, Australia, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Ireland, China)

Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information