Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to stop Mass registrations from Robots?

Marketplace Seller thesyndicate's Avatar
    Thanks

How to stop Mass registrations from Robots?

I guess they use robots to search the web for WP that allow you to register i have maybe 100 new users everyday and they are just junk plus my daily Indian spammers. How do you stop the Robots? Is there a catcha plug in for registration?

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    I use the SI Captcha Anti Spam plugin..seems to do the trick.. Fairly basic. Or you could try Register Plus which seems to be a popular one for CP users..

Also, if the spammers are generally coming from the same location you could try using the wp-ban plugin to block them from your site completely..

Thanks
    There are a couple of great articles on http://perishablepress.com/ about blocking bad user agents and bad bots and stuff. Great tools for any WP site. I plan on inplimenting them when I have some time.
    ~Ramsey

Thanks
    Most of the posters come from INDIA and the once that just register come from Russia. But last week i got Canada and UK as well. I blocked Some INDIA IP and that have done the trick not that money this month.

I love to help out you out but please read this first Have you tried to install in a root domain? Have you tried to Resave permalinks? Have you tried to disable all plug in? Have you tried the default theme of Wordpress?

++ If the issue is fixed consider closing the thread and change to solved, thank you for helping us helping you. ++

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pepsi View Post
    I use the SI Captcha Anti Spam plugin..seems to do the trick.. Fairly basic. Or you could try Register Plus which seems to be a popular one for CP users..

Also, if the spammers are generally coming from the same location you could try using the wp-ban plugin to block them from your site completely..
    I've use the great re-Capcha plugins but still got all of those spam bot.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,390 Times in 3,261 Posts
    You may try this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sabre/ .
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thanks
    This will work on CP as well?

# User is allowed to choose his password when registering on the blog

Thanks
    You may just enable recaptcha if you are using the latest version of Classipress.
    Please help our moderating team work more efficiently by not sending us support questions via PM. You can read more about how AppThemes support works here. However, you can send a PM to follow up and remind me if I missed your support request/thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jomarkosabel View Post
    You may just enable recaptcha if you are using the latest version of Classipress.
    Do you mean use the ClassiPress built-in recaptcha as a stand-alone, or to use Sabre and enable the CP recaptcha?

Thanks
    The built in recaptcha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information