Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Put Featured Ads on Top in Category and Search Results

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks

Put Featured Ads on Top in Category and Search Results

A) We are going to address one of the most talked about (non)functionality in ClassiPress which is to put featured ads on top in both ad category and search pages without affecting the other aspects of the query or the pagination. There have been previous attempts to fix this issue but they involved either sorting within the post array which never worked with pagination, or simply adding another query to stick a few featured ads at the top, which resulted in featured ads appearing more than oncce. The solution as generally understood is editing the request query, which is what we attempted, and here is our solution in the form of a plugin called Sticky On Top. Use this plugin with any of the mods to add a featured ribbons from the forum to make your featured ads stand out, but wait, if you do not use a child theme or are not comfortable making changes within the code, we have a plugin for that too in the next section.

B) The Featured Ultimate plugin for ClassiPress will put your featured ads on top in both ad category and search result pages since it has our Sticky On Top plugin at its core, without affecting the pagination. But it has more to it than that. It will also add a featured ribbon and a background highlight to your featured ads. Well actually, the plugin will not only highlight your featured ads with a different background colour on category and search pages, it will do so on the single ad pages too, and it will apply a different background colour depending on the colour scheme you are using.

So, essentially, we have made two plugins for you to choose from. If you just want to sort by featured ads and wish to use it with a mod for featured ad ribbon/highlight, go for the Sticky On Top plugin, and if you are not already using a mod to highlight featured ads and do not want to mess with any code , make sure you buy the Featured Ultimate plugin instead.

NOTE: We have deliberately excluded the listings under the "Just Listed", "Most Popular", and "Random" tabs on the homepage from sorting simply because they are meant to be sorted in a specific way and that is not by featured ads.

Key Features:

• Sort ad category and search result pages by featured ads on top
    • Works with pagination without any problem
    • No additional queries, no hacking the posts array, no ads listing twice
    • Featured ad ribbon on ad listing and single pages (Featured Ultimate Only)
    • Highlighted featured ads with a different background color (for all color schemes) (Featured Ultimate Only)
    • Compatible with ClassiPress 3.1.9

Installation:

• Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
    • Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.

Bonus:

Make sure you take advantage of our ongoing discount for the month of June using the code in the signature to get 40% off on all products on Themebound.com

Sticky On Top Details and Purchase

Featured Ultimate Details and Purchase

View Demo Here
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

emilianoaguirre (June 27th, 2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,756 Times in 1,442 Posts
    A "most wanted" feature! Well done!

Wish you lots of sales.
    Rolf Hassel (Samcy)

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for your kind words Samcy!
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    I have it and it works great...!!

Thanks
    Thanks aj270303 for your purchase! I wish you all the best with your classifields websites!

Thanks
    I bought it! a steal with the coupon! Love those coupons!!! lol.

Thanks
    Hi trustedsamurai,

Thanks for your order. I am glad you are happy with the discount!

Until now we have provided the forum members with some sort of discount with all our products. Hopefully we will restore most of the discount codes for individual products we had before June at the end of this month, and continue providing better value for money!

Regards,
    Mohsin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mohsinoffline For This Useful Post:

trustedsamurai (June 13th, 2012)

Thanks
    Mohsin, I don't mean to rant, but I can't believe how easy your plugin worked.

I'd rather pay dudes like yourself, Rubi or Samcy a few bucks and get the job done properly. then I can focus on marketing.

thanks for supporting the forum and for a great plugin.

John.

Thanks
    Thanks again John for your kind words! Can I see it in action on your website? It's OK if you send me a PM.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Thanks
    sure thing.

I'm at www.onlinecomputertrader.com.au

you can see it working in the front tab, as the items are added (yes I added some dummy ones)

then if you go to Categories>Computers you can see the items listed at the top.

Once more 'sticky' items are added, the Featured List on the front page will look better. I'm planning on buying the slider ultimate for another site I want to build, but I don't think this current site warrants such a flashy front!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information