Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Put Featured Ads on Top in Category and Search Results

Thanks
    Thank you for a quick reply Mr. Mohsin.

Is it possible you could take a look at the code to make it work on version 3.1.5 along with the tweak to where the features are sticky on the front page as well (just on the listed tab, i deleted the other 2 tabs).

I would be willing to pay a little extra for that.
    much appreciated,
    Thank you,

Marketplace Seller mohsinoffline's Avatar
    Thanks
    OK, please get in touch via Skype at "mohsinoffline", and I will be happy to take a look at it for you.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Quote Originally Posted by danmont View Post
    Thank you for a quick reply Mr. Mohsin.

Is it possible you could take a look at the code to make it work on version 3.1.5 along with the tweak to where the features are sticky on the front page as well (just on the listed tab, i deleted the other 2 tabs).

I would be willing to pay a little extra for that.
    much appreciated,
    Thank you,
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    Ok,

So i decided to purchase and install the Featured Ultimate Plugin on my old CP version 3.1.5 and it worked perfect right out of the box.

Highly Remembered Plugin!

A Must Have for any Classipress!

Mr Mohsin, you are a genius. Thank you for an awesome plugin!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohsinoffline View Post
    A) We are going to address one of the most talked about (non)functionality in ClassiPress which is to put featured ads on top in both ad category and search pages without affecting the other aspects of the query or the pagination. There have been previous attempts to fix this issue but they involved either sorting within the post array which never worked with pagination, or simply adding another query to stick a few featured ads at the top, which resulted in featured ads appearing more than oncce. The solution as generally understood is editing the request query, which is what we attempted, and here is our solution in the form of a plugin called Sticky On Top. Use this plugin with any of the mods to add a featured ribbons from the forum to make your featured ads stand out, but wait, if you do not use a child theme or are not comfortable making changes within the code, we have a plugin for that too in the next section.

B) The Featured Ultimate plugin for ClassiPress will put your featured ads on top in both ad category and search result pages since it has our Sticky On Top plugin at its core, without affecting the pagination. But it has more to it than that. It will also add a featured ribbon and a background highlight to your featured ads. Well actually, the plugin will not only highlight your featured ads with a different background colour on category and search pages, it will do so on the single ad pages too, and it will apply a different background colour depending on the colour scheme you are using.

So, essentially, we have made two plugins for you to choose from. If you just want to sort by featured ads and wish to use it with a mod for featured ad ribbon/highlight, go for the Sticky On Top plugin, and if you are not already using a mod to highlight featured ads and do not want to mess with any code , make sure you buy the Featured Ultimate plugin instead.

NOTE: We have deliberately excluded the listings under the "Just Listed", "Most Popular", and "Random" tabs on the homepage from sorting simply because they are meant to be sorted in a specific way and that is not by featured ads.

Key Features:

• Sort ad category and search result pages by featured ads on top
    • Works with pagination without any problem
    • No additional queries, no hacking the posts array, no ads listing twice
    • Featured ad ribbon on ad listing and single pages (Featured Ultimate Only)
    • Highlighted featured ads with a different background color (for all color schemes) (Featured Ultimate Only)
    • Compatible with ClassiPress 3.1.9

Installation:

• Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
    • Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.

Bonus:

Make sure you take advantage of our ongoing discount for the month of June using the code in the signature to get 40% off on all products on Themebound.com

Sticky On Top Details and Purchase

Featured Ultimate Details and Purchase

View Demo Here
    Will your plugins work with the latest and future versions of Flannel, Classipress and WordPress and all of the themes and child themes created by Appthemes?

Do I simply install your plugin on my admin dash or do I need to upload the files via ftp? Do they include automatic updates or an update notification at least?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manilaboy View Post
    Will your plugins work with the latest and future versions of Flannel, Classipress and WordPress and all of the themes and child themes created by Appthemes?

Do I simply install your plugin on my admin dash or do I need to upload the files via ftp? Do they include automatic updates or an update notification at least?
    All my plugins are updated to be compatible with new releases of ClassiPress. The plugin can be installed via admin dashboard or FTP. There is no mechanism for automatic updates or notification, unfortunately, but you may subscribe to this thread which is where all notifications will be posted.

Regards,
    Mohsin
    Do you need content that helps to rank your website better on Google? Check out https://aicontently.com

Create a website like Retailmenot with FlatterPro Theme , Check out the demo here Retailmenot

Thanks
    There is a new version of the Featured Ultimate plugin (1.0.1) available now with a minor CSS fix for ClassiPress 3.2.x for download via the My Accounts page on themebound.com.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Thanks
    Nice plugin.
    Does it work with the featured slider that some Classipress child themes use? (the featured slider displays at the top of all categories in the child themes I'm referring to.)

Thanks
    Hi chilli,

The plugins have nothing to do with sliders or interfere with any slider. They sort the listings to put featured ads on top of the pile, and in the case of Featured Ultimate, those ads will have a ribbon as well as a background highlight.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Thanks
    Hi Moshin

The listings that are in the slider are featured listings, so do I guess correctly that they will place the ribbons on the listings that are in the slider?

Thanks
    No it won't place the ribbons on the slider, all the ads in the slider are featured, so there is no point in adding a ribbon to it. Like I said the plugins have nothing to do with sliders nor do they interfere with any slider.

Regards,
    Mohsin

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information